New Defenders to be built but not from where you'd expect.

Started by RossM, October 26, 2016, 06:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt H

September 2019 is the official reveal date for New Defender!
No Road Except For Land-Rover.

binch

hmmmmm...would they reveal it at the "Wheels event" in Edmonton???? ::)
Cheers, Bill

headdamage

So in light of that picture, is there any difference between current rover models other than the names?

Red90

The back is squared off and the body sticks out below the doors.  I think that is the complete plan for styling that looks back to Land Rovers.  If you showed this picture without the badging to any normal person that is familiar with real Land Rovers, they would never guess it is mean to be one.

Matt H

Yeah, so it's an LR3/4 with a spare wheel on the back.  ??? Now I think the LR3/4 are great units as a evolved Discovery family SUV platform, but they ain't no Defender.

Thank goodness they took the time to "really get it right". I dread to think of what they might have come up with had they rushed it.  ::)

Suddenly the much hated DC100 concept from 2011 isn't looking so bad....

binch

Quote from: Matt H on April 30, 2019, 08:22 PM
Suddenly the much hated DC100 concept from 2011 isn't looking so bad....

You wash your mouth out with soap young man!!!!!!!    It doesn't matter what the pile looks like....if it's attracting lots of flies it's probably shiite!
;D
Cheers, Bill

Matt H

Bwhaahaha! You're right Bill. I shall stand in the corner, face the wall and think about what I've said lol.  ;D
This whole New Defender thing has become like a twisted game of 'would you rather'.

Matt H

Matt H

Red90

Matt H

Cool. Looks like I now have a viable option for a replacement for the LR4 when it wears out!

Trevor

Quote from: Matt H on June 24, 2019, 12:19 PM
Cool. Looks like I now have a viable option for a replacement for the LR4 when it wears out!

Regarding the LR4, I've lost track of what Land Rover is building these days...other than copies of Escapes and Explorers at 2x the price of course.

Do they make the LR4 at all? Or was that kinda what the Defender was targeted to do? LR4 goes away, (new) Defender comes in and fills the spot left by the LR4?
"You will be hollow. We shall squeeze you empty, and then we shall fill you with ourselves."
― George Orwell, 1984

Freedom Convoy Truckers -- Canadian Heroes!
Justin Trudeau --Enemy of the People!

Red90

The Discovery 4 went to 2016.  The Discovery 5 is the current model.