Alexander Mackenzie Trail Trip for 2015

Started by B-Red, March 03, 2015, 10:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

B-Red

binch

Moderate and high....that's not too bad at all really.    Things are looking good!
Cheers, Bill

binch

Here's a little light reading of what our adventure will be like.....

[url][/http://bc4x4.com/tr/2006/mackenzie-trail/url]

This was the trip that Dave Blair of the BC roverlanders  did in 2006

good reading... ;)
Cheers, Bill

binch

There was going to be a group running the AMT the week before we did.  But they bailed out as they didn't feel a year was enough time to prepar.   Too bad as it would have been really nice to have someone clearing the trail before got there :-)
Cheers, Bill

Trevor

Quote from: binch on July 12, 2015, 09:06 AM
There was going to be a group running the AMT the week before we did.  But they bailed out as they didn't feel a year was enough time to prepar.   Too bad as it would have been really nice to have someone clearing the trail before got there :-)

DOH! That would have been sooo nice to follow another group through.
"You will be hollow. We shall squeeze you empty, and then we shall fill you with ourselves."
― George Orwell, 1984

Freedom Convoy Truckers -- Canadian Heroes!
Justin Trudeau --Enemy of the People!

Red90

Quote from: binch on July 12, 2015, 09:06 AMBut they bailed out as they didn't feel a year was enough time to prepare.

If you can't get ready for a little off road trip in a year, perhaps it is best they don't go.   :o

B-Red

Talking about getting ready. Tigger in the shop getting fitted with the gas tank gaurd. Dave did a run through on it to make sure all set. ....... OMG OMG OMG. That was his expression on the phone. Found few things that have worn out and could have become problematic on the trail. Needless to say, I wouldn't catch those items even if they looked me in the face. Crises are under control

Red90

So how many trucks and people are going?

Trevor

Edit: had the first post wrong I think.

We've got:

Bill and Craig:D110
Dave: D110
Emad, Lloyd and Abdu: D110
Jeffrey and his wife: D110
Me:D110

So 5 vehicles and 9 people
"You will be hollow. We shall squeeze you empty, and then we shall fill you with ourselves."
― George Orwell, 1984

B-Red

I watched the Franklin Expedition on the Discovery of Things.

It's safe to say we are five month away from the freezing snow,
have radios and GPS
and not eating from Lead sealed food cans.

The Mosquito repellent may become a suspect

And for sure we are not about to go missing to become famous ;-)

binch

Quote from: Trevor on July 13, 2015, 09:29 PM
Edit: had the first post wrong I think.

We've got:

Bill and Craig:D110
Dave: D110
Emad, Lloyd and Abdu: D110
Jeffrey and his wife: D110
Me:D110

Did Mark bail on you Trevor...?   Sorry to hear that....I was looking forward to his enthusiasm with a chain saw hahahhaha.      Looking forward to a good trip all the same :D
So 5 vehicles and 9 people
Cheers, Bill

Trevor

Yes, unfortunately Mark had to back out. He injured his knee a while back and WCB scheduled his operation a week before we leave on our trip. Its not a major operation at all, mostly just cleaning up some crap in the knee itself, but still not something you want to have only a week behind you when you're heading into the bush for a while.

I was upset to hear that too, I was really hoping to have him running a saw for us as well!
― George Orwell, 1984

binch

Bummer!    Oh well, we'll just have to crack the whip a little harder on Craig!!!!!   Going to have to give Emad, Abdu and Lloyd an education on the chainsaw too ;)    Mind you....sometimes it's easier to cut the stuff them move it hahahahah
Cheers, Bill

B-Red

I bought my orange gloves already and hunting around for the orange chaps. I am ready for hauling timber. Chainsaws,,,will see.

Unfortunate for those who had to drop out. They are missing on a great timber hauling event.

B-Red

The 4 Wheel Auto Team is hosting a Customer Appreciation Breakfast on July 25th at their store located at
8807-63 Ave.
Edmonton, Alberta Canada

Dan and his team have supported the ALRE with sponsorships in the past for some of our events and has carried a nice supply of off road equipment for the land Rover SUVs over the years.

This is also is our breakfast gathering point before we start our trip. We are planning to be there for 9 am and departing at 10 am. Came and join us, even if you are not coming on the trip, and check out the cool vehicles that will be present.

Their web site is www.4wheelauto.com.

You can fire them an email if you are coming. They just want to make sure that they have things well organized. Their email is julianne@4wheelauto.com