Alexander Mackenzie Trail Trip for 2015

Started by B-Red, March 03, 2015, 10:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Red90

Nice video.  It gives a good feeling for the terrain.  It also shows nicely how to off road and be friendly to the environment.  I won't report Craig to OHSA.  :)

binch

Quote from: Red90 on November 10, 2015, 11:39 AM
Nice video.  It gives a good feeling for the terrain.  It also shows nicely how to off road and be friendly to the environment.  I won't report Craig to OHSA.  :)

Forget OHSA.....Give him a goalie mask and call him Jason 28    LOL
Cheers, Bill

Trevor

"You will be hollow. We shall squeeze you empty, and then we shall fill you with ourselves."
― George Orwell, 1984

Freedom Convoy Truckers -- Canadian Heroes!
Justin Trudeau --Enemy of the People!

B-Red

I would like to finalize the order for the Alexander MacKenzie trail Poster. The Price is at $90 dollars for the hard backboard copy and $50 dollars for the paper copy. This will cover the GST. They are produced locally. Shipping costs would be extra.

I would like to place the order by Monday, December 7th.  Please let me know if you are interested in a copy.

cheers,

Emad El-Zein

Trevor

Count me in for one please Emad.

Man that was a great trip.

Bill, do you happen to have the link to that Jeep groups thread on their 2016 trip. I've got an itch to run this again, but I'd really like to go on the heals of another group, and spend some more time fishing/relaxing rather than sawing...had enough sawing :).
"You will be hollow. We shall squeeze you empty, and then we shall fill you with ourselves."
― George Orwell, 1984

binch

I like your way of thinking big guy!    Do the trail after someone else has cleared it for us  ;)      And the other option....do it backwards ;-)

pm sent
Cheers, Bill

Trevor

Quote from: binch on December 06, 2015, 11:29 AM
I like your way of thinking big guy!    Do the trail after someone else has cleared it for us  ;)      And the other option....do it backwards ;-)

pm sent

Yes, I think the Bella Coola ==> Quesnel route would be the way to go next time. Get the tough stuff out of the way first
― George Orwell, 1984

binch

Quote from: Trevor on December 06, 2015, 12:48 PM
Quote from: binch on December 06, 2015, 11:29 AM

pm sent

Yes, I think the Bella Coola ==> Quesnel route would be the way to go next time. Get the tough stuff out of the way first

There is that rocky approach down to the lake on the first day that might be a bit of a tough slog going back up though......  ???
Cheers, Bill

Trevor

I don't recall that part Bill. The lake you refer to, was that the one we camped at the first night?
― George Orwell, 1984

binch

Once we turned south off the main trail and started heading down to the campsite at that lake, about 600m or so....   There was a short steep rocky sown hill section in there, with a  fork in the trail that offered two routes down (bad and worse).  In dry conditions the west side of the fork would be doable but I have a sneaky suspicion it would require winching to get up safely.     It would slow us down but I don't thing it would stop us ;-)
Cheers, Bill

Red90

Quote from: binch on December 07, 2015, 06:59 AM
Once we turned south off the main trail and started heading down to the campsite at that lake, about 600m or so....   There was a short steep rocky sown hill section in there, with a  fork in the trail that offered two routes down (bad and worse).  In dry conditions the west side of the fork would be doable but I have a sneaky suspicion it would require winching to get up safely.     It would slow us down but I don't thing it would stop us ;-)

But that detour to the lake, is just that, a detour....  You can stay on the main trail or go in and out the other way.

Trevor

Quote from: binch on December 07, 2015, 06:59 AM

Ok, I remember the spot. Yes, I don't think it would stop us, might slow us down a tad depending upon the weather. Mind you, that trail would take on an entirely different look if it was raining hard for a few days, or if there was an exceptionally wet spring/summer.
― George Orwell, 1984

B-Red

I am reading a book called "Alone Against the North" by Adam Shoalts. It's a modern explorer canoeing his way through uncharted rivers and creeks. In his book there is a chapter about Bella Coola. Apparently, it has 600 members of the Nuxalk tribe.
The forest is a rain forest. And within it are sacered sites were 3000 year old petroglyphs sites exist. A guide would be needed to reach these sacred sites.

Needless to say, we were lucky not to encounter the Sasquash...the Windigos ....Mr Big Foot. And we did not turn into cannibals.

I think a second trip starting in Bella Coola and going North would be a good adventure.

binch

They winds of adventure are already blowing ;)
Cheers, Bill