Alexander Mackenzie Trail Trip for 2015

Started by B-Red, March 03, 2015, 10:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

binch

Nice work John...well done.    U sure you don't want to join us hahahahhahhaha
Cheers, Bill

B-Red

In preperation for the deadfall on the trail...testing a nano technology electric chainsaw at the trade show. If you look hard enough you will notice the invisible laser beam that slices the wood.

B-Red

We are getting together at Dave's home on March 28 at 1 pm to go over the spare parts list, logistics and collect the forms. If you missed my email and you are with the group, let me know.
At this point we are not taking new entries as we are at 13 trucks.
Email Dave for his home address if you don't have it.

Cheers

B-Red

For the Calgary group, I will be in Calgary this coming Wednesday overnight. If you want, we can meet to discuss the trip as well and I can pass the info to the rest of the group on Saturday.
Let me know.
Update: Meeting in Calgary cancelled.

binch

When are you heading down to Cowtown Emad?
Cheers, Bill

B-Red

update: No meeting on Wednesday.

binch

Nope....I was hoping there might be a shuttle for a seal due in on Wednesday afternoon.   Will look for another option, thanks.

cheers, Bill
Cheers, Bill

Matt H

Quote from: B-Red on March 19, 2015, 06:22 AM
At this point we are not taking new entries as we are at 13 trucks.
Cheers

:'( rub it in why don't you. Wish I could swing the time off work for this one. Maybe next time.
No Road Except For Land-Rover.

ugly_90

I have several plans for field communications on this trip. Equipment has been ordered already, and I'm patiently checking my mailbox..

In short, the communications will be supplied from my 90, with voice capability, and a telegram-style form for my transform into remote email. The emails are exchanged unencrypted over radio, and there are no expectations of privacy from that, although it is digital.

All radio operations will be completed after dinner, and perhaps at dawn, without any access while we are underway on the trail. In an emergency, both sat-phone and radio can be activated on the trail.

This is done to limit my work on the trip, and also to preserve the camping experience and keep it separate from everyday life.

Adam.

binch

Good info but maybe have it added to the final draft of the prospectus, so we get one complete info package ;-)

At least Emad won't have to go through the DT's on the trail ahhahahhahahhhaah
Cheers, Bill

Trevor

Quote from: binch on March 31, 2015, 11:08 AM

I was going to mention, as a matter of forewarning, that if I see any Facebooking, texting, emailing, or other non-emergency related radio activities on the trip, I will be "modifying" the aforementioned radio transmission equipment with my 45/70  ;D
"You will be hollow. We shall squeeze you empty, and then we shall fill you with ourselves."
― George Orwell, 1984

Freedom Convoy Truckers -- Canadian Heroes!
Justin Trudeau --Enemy of the People!

ugly_90

I can't add any more to the prospectus, as final planning and testing of the communications equipment will not be complete until a month before the trip. I will need several proving runs of the equipment into BC beforehand. Thankfully I am nearer now. Really just hoping to provide just a simple basic link for members at the end of the day. Many radio amateurs at the far end would be excited to provide this free service to a remote group such as ours.

binch

Quote from: Trevor on March 31, 2015, 11:36 AM
Quote from: binch on March 31, 2015, 11:08 AM

I was going to mention, as a matter of forewarning, that if I see any Facebooking, texting, emailing, or other non-emergency related radio activities on the trip, I will be "modifying" the aforementioned radio transmission equipment with my 45/70  ;D

Craig has the first three rounds as slugs ;D
Cheers, Bill

B-Red

You know, growing up watching the western movies with JoHn Wayne and the like, I picked up some good ideas. I do have my Cowboy hats and boots. Got me a nice lever action Marlon. Now, if I can just get on the trails and send out smoke puff signals. It will be seen for miles. The Diesel engine will sure help here.
Lloyd is challenging the Ham Radio license this month. Am sure he will be interested in helping Adam on the radios.
Did I mention am planning on bringing some Cuban Cigars;-)

Trevor

My 45/70 is a Marlin lever action. All we'll need is to find you a horse and we'll send you galloping off accross the fields doing your best Rooster Cogburn impersonation :)
"You will be hollow. We shall squeeze you empty, and then we shall fill you with ourselves."
― George Orwell, 1984

Freedom Convoy Truckers -- Canadian Heroes!
Justin Trudeau --Enemy of the People!