Projekt Grenadier

Started by binch, September 27, 2017, 10:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

binch

"..what it would have been like if land rover got it right.."

;)
Cheers, Bill

binch

Mid 40's for the price tag.  (that's pounds steriling)
Cheers, Bill

Red90

Nothing interesting.  17" and 18" rims. No mention of size.  Looks like 32" to me. 6 bolt, probably Toy pattern.  Boring Bridgestone tires but at least will have severe snow service rating.

binch

And there's talk of an interior coming out in a couple of weeks (hopefully not Trump's version of a couple of weeks ahahhahahhahahah)  Very much looking forward to this coming out!
Cheers, Bill

Matt H

If it is the Toy six bolt pattern that's good news as it's the same as many others including Chevy and Nissan.
And a 17" rim size makes tyre shopping easy.
No Road Except For Land-Rover.

Red90

Quote from: binch on July 08, 2020, 11:05 PM
But wait.....could they be moving the Grenadier Plant to France (from Wales)?????

It is confirmed today that they will build in France.

Matt H

That's too bad. But it was always going to be a globally sourced vehicle.

I think I'll just hang onto my old Defender if it's all the same.
No Road Except For Land-Rover.

binch

Looks like Ineos has bought an existing manufacturing facility from Mercedes, in Hambach, Germany to build their vehicle.

https://ineosgrenadier.com/news/ineos-automotive-confirms-acquisition-of-hambach-production-site-from-mercedes-benz
Cheers, Bill

Red90

It is in France, not Germany.

binch

My mistake...sounded like a german name to me LOL ;D
Cheers, Bill

Red90

Galvanized steel and aluminum body.

You cannot view this attachment.

binch

I wonder when we'll get to see the interior ::)
Cheers, Bill

Red90

Quote from: binch on February 18, 2021, 11:15 PM
I wonder when we'll get to see the interior ::)

It won't be until near the end.  A lot of interior parts are injection molded and you need to setup for large volumes in order to make it cost effective.  They would not do that until the designs are final and they are close to production.

Just be happy that they are focusing on the important items and are actually sharing a lot of information in advance.

Trevor

Looking at the underside, they seem to have done a pretty good job of keeping things tucked up and out of the way.
"You will be hollow. We shall squeeze you empty, and then we shall fill you with ourselves."
― George Orwell, 1984

Freedom Convoy Truckers -- Canadian Heroes!
Justin Trudeau --Enemy of the People!

DBrands

I was hoping that they'd be able to tuck the rear lower trailing arm mount up a little tighter.
The photo John attached above makes them appear higher than some of these digital photos, like what I've attached.

For those of you who've driven D2's and similar with a rear panhard rod/3-link setup, does it behave much different to a Defender A-arm setup?
David B

1990 D90 - 200TDI