Disco 2 Bits

Started by Jakedan, April 07, 2017, 07:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jakedan

Thanks for taking the time to check my add,
I'm from Regina but I'm willing to travel or have friends pick them up.

I'm looking for the following:
- 16" five spoke wheels.
- the two jump seats from the rear.  Mine doesn't have them and I want to fit them.
- front bumper. Please keep me from building one.

Thanks.

binch

are you looking for an stock bumper or offroad bumper?
Cheers, Bill

bumpydormobile

Check the "parts for sale" ads
Someone had some jump seats not to long ago

Dm

Jakedan

Off-road  style bumper.

I saw that but I must have missed out.  I didn't get a reply to my pm.

bumpydormobile

Anyone know who "fern540" is?  from Okatoks.

David

binch

Quote from: Jakedan on April 10, 2017, 11:27 AM
Off-road  style bumper.

I saw that but I must have missed out.  I didn't get a reply to my pm.

You can get one with a winch mount or without.   Both are very moderately priced.     If you have time we will be putting another seacan order in later in the summer or early fall.
Cheers, Bill

binch

Quote from: bumpydormobile on April 11, 2017, 10:55 PM
Anyone know who "fern540" is?  from Okatoks.

David

Doesn't ring any bells for me..... :o
Cheers, Bill

binch

The factory bumper is worth more then that piece of junk bumper! ;D
Cheers, Bill

Cruzer

What's wrong with that bumper,  :(  grumpy old man

binch

If you like the looks then great.... but if you want approach angle there are a whole bunch better optons out there. ;)
Cheers, Bill

B-Red

I am running with this bumper on my Disco2. Yes, it's heavy and sticks out. However, I love it and won't trade it in for anything. Very handy and strong.

binch

Who's truck was the only one not able to climb out of the frozen creek because he couldn't get his front wheel close enough to the shore ice as his bumper was in the way LOL ::)

Really though....some people really do like them.  :)
Cheers, Bill

Trevor

I'm not a huge fan of the ARB's, or that style, due to their weight and the amount they maintain the poor stock approach angle of the D2's. They are quite similar to the dimensions of the stock D2 front bumper, which is one of the worst in that class for offroading purposes. 

But that's just my opinion of course, everyones mileage will vary.

However, one thing to remember is that the ARB's do allow you to keep your crush cans for the air bags. That may be important for those that want to keep within the law, and keep themselves and their passengers properly protected by air bags. Most straight "winch" bumpers do not allow you to keep the crush cans. So this could be quite important depending upon the buyer.

Just as an fyi, when I say "winch" bumper I'm refering to those bumpers that are meant to do only that...get a winch onto the front of the vehicle. So they do not extend out very far at all and usually require cutting of the grill to install the winch.
"You will be hollow. We shall squeeze you empty, and then we shall fill you with ourselves."
― George Orwell, 1984

Freedom Convoy Truckers -- Canadian Heroes!
Justin Trudeau --Enemy of the People!

B-Red

Good point about the airbag feature on the ARB Trevor. As my Disco is a working truck as well as an off roaring toy, I do a fair amount of normal highway north. I like the fact that I won't be damaged too much if I encounter wild life. However, I do recall the level on my car going down with my new Emmo shocks when I installed th ARB Bumper. It is heavy and takes two to carry it safely.