Disco 2 Bits

Started by Jakedan, April 07, 2017, 07:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

binch

So....how does removing the crash cans affect the operation of the airbag system? :o
Cheers, Bill

Trevor

Quote from: B-Red on April 16, 2017, 03:02 PM
However, I do recall the level on my car going down with my new Emmo shocks when I installed th ARB Bumper. It is heavy and takes two to carry it safely.

Have you noticed any additional sagging over time with that bumper Emad, or did it stay about the same since the initial install?
"You will be hollow. We shall squeeze you empty, and then we shall fill you with ourselves."
― George Orwell, 1984

Freedom Convoy Truckers -- Canadian Heroes!
Justin Trudeau --Enemy of the People!

Trevor

Quote from: binch on April 16, 2017, 04:52 PM
So....how does removing the crash cans affect the operation of the airbag system? :o

The crush cans help to prevent a premature triggering of the airbag system with a slower speed impact. So the risk without them is that the decelerameter in the DCU triggers when it otherwise would not have, and activates the system deploying airbags.
"You will be hollow. We shall squeeze you empty, and then we shall fill you with ourselves."
― George Orwell, 1984

B-Red

No further sagging after the install of the ARB. 
One good feature I like on the ARB Bumper is the way it houses the Winch. It gives it protection from the trail and most elements.

Trevor

Quote from: B-Red on April 17, 2017, 07:47 AM
No further sagging after the install of the ARB. 
One good feature I like on the ARB Bumper is the way it houses the Winch. It gives it protection from the trail and most elements.

Not a big fan of hidden winches myself. I like to be able to see the spool when I'm winching (or directing someone winching) so I can see what the line is doing.
― George Orwell, 1984

Matt H

ARB bumpers weigh more because they include a stout brush guard/Bambi basher.

It sticks out more because the design doesn't require the cutting of grill or restrict airflow to the coolers.

The winch is harder to access because it's mounted in-line with chassis rails.

Now all these things are subjective to intended use but seeing as we are talking Disco 2 the user must judge if an extra inch of approach angle is really worth it considering the restrictive departure angle of these units.

Each style, type and brand has it's pros and cons. Much is down to intended use and personal preference.
No Road Except For Land-Rover.

Trevor

Quote from: Matt H on April 17, 2017, 01:58 PM
ARB bumpers weigh more because they include a stout brush guard/Bambi basher.

Now all these things are subjective to intended use but seeing as we are talking Disco 2 the user must judge if an extra inch of approach angle is really worth it considering the restrictive departure angle of these units.

One thing is for certain, if you plan to do any serious wheeling with a D2, the rear bumper needs to be replaced with a metal one. Er, or if you don't, the trail will look after the removal of the stock one at least :).

The Land Grader name is appropriate for the D2's!
― George Orwell, 1984