Capstan Winch

Started by Rambler, January 22, 2016, 04:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rambler

Quote from: binch on January 29, 2016, 04:10 PM
Our rates to ship that would be about about 100 to 120 quid.

FYI   Pentrite make a special lubricant for the capstan winches  ;)

Good to know, thank you,
Ian
1957 Series One 88", petrol

SOLD:
'Luna' - Series 2 88", petrol with full tilt, ('61) [Restoration complete in 2020]
'Tardis' - Series 3 88", petrol hard top ('74) .. last seen sunning itself in the Carolinas

ugly_90

My Wainwright contact got back to me. It's a 90/110 Capstan. I didn't even know there was such a thing. With 90/110 a-frame. $700 firm.

It is missing the drive mechanism, the propshaft that powers it, but I expect most of them are.

I might have an archive photo of it, but no new photos are available. Winch is available through me alone.

Red90

They look like this....  Also bought from a mystery  ::) person in Wainwright..

Red90

Let's see if the manual attaches...

Rambler

Quote from: ugly_90 on February 08, 2016, 11:15 AM
My Wainwright contact got back to me. It's a 90/110 Capstan. I didn't even know there was such a thing. With 90/110 a-frame. $700 firm.

It is missing the drive mechanism, the propshaft that powers it, but I expect most of them are.

I might have an archive photo of it, but no new photos are available. Winch is available through me alone.

Thanks very much for enquiring with your contacts in Wainwright.  I much appreciate them finding a capstan winch this quickly.  Having gone ahead with the purchase of a Fairey capstan from another Series Land Rover owner in the UK, I'm sorry I will have to pass on this great deal. 

Hearing that the winch is set up for installation on a D90 or 110 I hope that another club member takes Wainwright up on their offer for their Defender.

Thanks also to Red90 for the helpful guides and photos!   :)

Best wishes,
Ian
1957 Series One 88", petrol

SOLD:
'Luna' - Series 2 88", petrol with full tilt, ('61) [Restoration complete in 2020]
'Tardis' - Series 3 88", petrol hard top ('74) .. last seen sunning itself in the Carolinas