2021 Ford Bronco.

Started by Matt H, February 27, 2020, 10:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt H

I loved the TJ, I wasn't a huge fan of the JK, Other than the four door concept was a brilliant idea for Jeep. Must admit to having my head turned by the new JL Wranglers though.
No Road Except For Land-Rover.

B-Red

I am going in tomorrow to talk to the man about the horse.
I like base model with basic stick shift manual. No fancy gizmos. Delivery in ten month.
Will see

Matt H

Two or four door?

Myself I like the just for fun looks of the two door....

Trevor

The more I look at this new Bronco, the more I think that Ford was really the last hope for Land Rover. This new Bronco looks like everything the new Defender should have been.

Hehe, I would imagine yhey took everything worthwhile with them when they sold LR to Tata, and then set about building a competitive vehicle to take on the Wranglers.

"You will be hollow. We shall squeeze you empty, and then we shall fill you with ourselves."
― George Orwell, 1984

Freedom Convoy Truckers -- Canadian Heroes!
Justin Trudeau --Enemy of the People!

B-Red

Well. Won't be buying or leasing the explorer. I will wait the ten month until it gets here. The good news is that you can get the stick shift in all trims. So V6 eco boost will kick &ss. Few weeks to build the ultimate off-roader.

Chad M

Quote from: B-Red on July 19, 2020, 08:26 PM
Well. Won't be buying or leasing the explorer. I will wait the ten month until it gets here. The good news is that you can get the stick shift in all trims. So V6 eco boost will kick &ss. Few weeks to build the ultimate off-roader.

I understood the manual is only going to be available with the 2.3L... did they release info the contrary?

edit: I read that they might consider adding the manual to other models if there is enough consumer demand.  At this point, Ford should just go for it and give the people exactly what they want... the Bronco sounds really, really good.

Matt H

Apparently a go fast desert racing Raptor version will be available for the 2022 model year.

Alex C

Land Rover is my first vice, Ford is Second, this could get expensive
D90 200Tdi     67 S2a 88"

Trevor

Pretty decent comparison video between the Bronco and the Jeep...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvQXXUaU51w
"You will be hollow. We shall squeeze you empty, and then we shall fill you with ourselves."
― George Orwell, 1984

binch

Cheers, Bill

Matt H

Interesting question "What options do I consider important on a 4wd?"

I think building in a massive blind spot over the rear windows so I can mount a ridiculously small suitcase to the side is of utmost importance. Wade-Aid, so I don't risk getting my loafers dirty by getting out of the vehicle. Ditto cameras pointing in every direction. A low rent $70k price tag for the "mizer"

My name is Gerry, and I'm an off road expert/stylist. It's the same thing really.

Trevor

Quote from: Matt H on August 24, 2020, 03:11 PM
Interesting question "What options do I consider important on a 4wd?"

I think building in a massive blind spot over the rear windows so I can mount a ridiculously small suitcase to the side is of utmost importance. Wade-Aid, so I don't risk getting my loafers dirty by getting out of the vehicle. Ditto cameras pointing in every direction. A low rent $70k price tag for the "mizer"

My name is Gerry, and I'm an off road expert/stylist. It's the same thing really.

Huh? Are you referring to the link I just posted?
― George Orwell, 1984

Matt H

Yes. Lol
At the end of the video the host poses the question "What do you consider to be important in a 4wd".

My response was supposed to be a tongue in cheek parody of how Gerry McGovern would have answered.

Obviously I missed the mark somewhat but it made total sense in my own mind.

But then again I am English, so that may go some way to explain my rather disconnected humour. More tea Vicar?

binch

Cheers, Bill

Trevor

Quote from: Matt H on August 24, 2020, 06:17 PM
Yes. Lol
At the end of the video the host poses the question "What do you consider to be important in a 4wd".

My response was supposed to be a tongue in cheek parody of how Gerry McGovern would have answered.

Obviously I missed the mark somewhat but it made total sense in my own mind.

But then again I am English, so that may go some way to explain my rather disconnected humour. More tea Vicar?

Aha, got it!
― George Orwell, 1984