2021 Ford Bronco.

Started by Matt H, February 27, 2020, 10:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor

A couple of new Bronco's doing Mickey's hot tub. This is pretty impressive for what appears to be 2 stock units. Anyone that's seen this hot tub knows that its deep and steep. I have not tried this one with my Disco yet as it weight make me a bit reluctant.

I've seen a few guys go over on their lids here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5fRPp08z3E

Pretty impressed how that Bronco suspension bites down and doesn't unload significantly coming out of their.
"You will be hollow. We shall squeeze you empty, and then we shall fill you with ourselves."
― George Orwell, 1984

Freedom Convoy Truckers -- Canadian Heroes!
Justin Trudeau --Enemy of the People!

binch

Once that second vehicle found the right line he made it look pretty easy. :)
Cheers, Bill

Trevor

Quote from: binch on August 29, 2020, 06:19 PM
Once that second vehicle found the right line he made it look pretty easy. :)

Yes, they sure did.
"You will be hollow. We shall squeeze you empty, and then we shall fill you with ourselves."
― George Orwell, 1984

Matt H

The auto equipped unit (2nd truck) had way better control as you might expect but that is for sure a serious obstacle.
No Road Except For Land-Rover.

Trevor

Here's a good overview of all the various models and features available for the Bronco...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eiszpuVpy4

It's pretty clear that Ford did indeed pilfer all the top off roading engineers from Land Rover when they sold it. I'd read that several times before....this confirms it imo.
― George Orwell, 1984

Trevor

One thing I forgot to mention. There's not much info regarding the drivetrain in that video. I'm curious what the different setus are (if any) between the basic no-frill unit and the top offroading focused unit (ala the Rubicon).
― George Orwell, 1984

Trevor

― George Orwell, 1984

binch

hmmm looks soo much like the DC100 prototype doesn't it ahhahahhahhahah
Cheers, Bill

Trevor

Quote from: binch on October 18, 2020, 10:35 AM
hmmm looks soo much like the DC100 prototype doesn't it ahhahahhahhahah

Has similarities in appearance to the D90 actually. Nothing like the DC100 at all imo.

I dunno what the DC100 resembles. Maybe an Evoke hybrid of some sort?  http://images.cdn.autocar.co.uk/sites/autocar.co.uk/files/14111111950167491600x1060.jpg
― George Orwell, 1984

B-Red

I looked at the specs. I thought the standard transmission will be made available on the V6.
Not clear on the various ratios that the offered on the transfer cases and differentials. How do you chose?
Many of these features are already on the Ford Ranger off roading truck too.

Red90

Manual on the 4 cylinder only.  Another quality designed Getrag box that nobody trusts with the bigger engine....  ::)

Axle ratios are based on which trim group you purchase and relates to tire size.

Transfer case selection has not been set. I would not worry about that too much.  The manual is 80:1 with the worst case gearing, basically double a regular Defender.

Red90

Red90

Useful manually controlled off road features.  What a concept.

Trail turn assist - Locks the rear inside tire when the steering reaches full lock. Manual lockers that let you use either at any time. Manual sway bar disconnect that works while under full load.

binch

And the US market battle between Jeep and Bronco is ramping up too.     Some pretty nice features in there.    Still no diesel eh.....

Cheers, Bill