2.5L o/s piston/ring sets, cylinder liners

Started by ugly_90, July 10, 2015, 07:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ugly_90

Looking for new-old stock locally before I order from overseas. These may be surplus in other collections.

All parts genuine LR or branded only, please.

RTC644220, 20 o/s piston ring sets, QTY 4.
ERC9188 straight liners for 2.5, without tophat. QTY5

Rambler

Hi I recently purchased a pallot of land rover parts in an estate sale from the NWT.  When it arrived it included an array of genuine land rover parts (new old stock), including 4 boxes of piston rings.  The owner who died had owned 3 series land rovers, but what engine or type who knows.  The piston ring sets I have have the part number:  RTC4190/S.  I don't know if these are an equivalent to those you need?  Let me know.
1957 Series One 88", petrol

SOLD:
'Luna' - Series 2 88", petrol with full tilt, ('61) [Restoration complete in 2020]
'Tardis' - Series 3 88", petrol hard top ('74) .. last seen sunning itself in the Carolinas

Rambler

As a follow up, in checking at Craddocks the ones I have cover both 2.25 and 2.5 petrol engines, but sadly not your 2.5 diesel.  Hope you find suitable parts from another forum member.

SOLD:
'Luna' - Series 2 88", petrol with full tilt, ('61) [Restoration complete in 2020]
'Tardis' - Series 3 88", petrol hard top ('74) .. last seen sunning itself in the Carolinas

ugly_90

Thanks, It sounds like you have a handy cache of series parts there. I can see the part hawks circling now.. I think there should be lots of interest here for that. Time to order up my parts.

Gardenome

Rambler, are you local to Edmonton? May want to check over your stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rambler

Hi Gardenome, sorry for my sins I live in Regina.  One of these days I hope to make it to one of your group meets in Edmonton.  I'll let you know if I am heading your way,

SOLD:

Rambler

Quote from: ugly_90 on July 11, 2015, 08:56 AM
Thanks, It sounds like you have a handy cache of series parts there. I can see the part hawks circling now.. I think there should be lots of interest here for that. Time to order up my parts.

Anytime! 
Once I've sold the Series 3 I will have a better idea of what I will keep for the series 2 I am rebuilding.  I will then post a note about what can be up for grabs should anyone need these. 

SOLD: