Thermostat Housing, 2.25 petrol

Started by Already a Rover, July 18, 2015, 12:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Already a Rover

Anybody have one of these they can loan me??  I need to drill and tap a hole in it for an engine temperature sensor (converting to TBI).  When it is installed I can give you back my original.

Jim

camo388

I may have one but it would be off a military 2.25 engine.  I know the water pump is different because the timing chain cover is different shape to allow mounting base for 24 volt generator.  I don't know if different water pump effects shape of thermostat housing.
Did you find intake and exhaust manifolds?

Bruce

Alex C

do you have a photo, if its the same as a 2.5d NA i have one for you
D90 200Tdi     67 S2a 88"

camo388

I had a look at my engine spares and actually have a military 2.25 and a civvy 2.25.  Thermostat housing are the same.  My thought is it might be too short to add temperature sensor and still get enough hose back on.  I'm probably wrong as I can only try and imagine what you are wanting to do.

Bruce

Already a Rover

Hi!  I thought I posted a reply with pictures, but cannot see it!?  But it sounds like you have one.  I am sooo grateful!!!  Simple thing, but we all know how getting parts can be a pain - new or especially used. 

We will simply drill a hole on the side opposite the hose fitting and tap it.

I'm quite keen on this Throttle Body Injection upgrade; will keep you posted.  I have a thread going on the Guns and Rovers website but will also start a thread here with a link to it and see if any locals are interested.  After that, I'm thinking I will upgrade to a 2" exhaust.

PM coming, Camo.

Jim

Already a Rover