Battery options - FFR box

Started by 88Hillman, June 17, 2019, 04:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

88Hillman

I'm now solidly leaning toward just getting the Canadian Tire branded Northstar Group 31. 

It avoids the dual charge complications, space challenges as well as relatively low cost for dual purpose start/deep cycle capability. 

It also has a much greater reserve than any other single battery option I've seen that fits in the FFR battery box.

The priority is finishing work on the LR3 before the Southern Rockies trip.  Once that LR is up to snuff I'll start focussing on the Series and pick up the battery.

Cheers,
Kirk

88Hillman

This ended up being the direction I went.  The battery is sitting in the battery box now but it's not connected or held down yet. There is almost no clearance between the top posts and battery cover so some modification will need to be made.

Let me say that it is one heavy battery!

Cheers,
Kirk
Quote from: 88Hillman on June 26, 2019, 01:05 PM
I'm now solidly leaning toward just getting the Canadian Tire branded Northstar Group 31. 

It avoids the dual charge complications, space challenges as well as relatively low cost for dual purpose start/deep cycle capability. 

It also has a much greater reserve than any other single battery option I've seen that fits in the FFR battery box.

The priority is finishing work on the LR3 before the Southern Rockies trip.  Once that LR is up to snuff I'll start focussing on the Series and pick up the battery.

Cheers,
Kirk

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk