Projekt Grenadier

Started by binch, September 27, 2017, 10:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GR8PMKN

I know near the beginning they were talking about a ute (pick-up) version.  I saw the renderings of it (still online if you look), but I haven't seen or heard anything since.  Has anyone heard anything?  Maybe I missed something.  If they do produce one, and the payload is greater than the Gladiator or Taco, that'll be a game-changer!

binch

Quote from: GR8PMKN on July 07, 2021, 09:10 PM
I know near the beginning they were talking about a ute (pick-up) version.  I saw the renderings of it (still online if you look), but I haven't seen or heard anything since.  Has anyone heard anything?  Maybe I missed something.  If they do produce one, and the payload is greater than the Gladiator or Taco, that'll be a game-changer!

check out the IBEX
https://www.ibexvehicles.com/techspecs/
Cheers, Bill

Red90

Independent review and look.

Red90

Quote from: GR8PMKN on July 07, 2021, 09:10 PM

Yes, there is a dual cab pickup on a longer wheelbase planned, but it would be later.  It won't be in the Tacoma price range though....

GR8PMKN

Interesting.  I'll have to keep an eye out for that.  Also, I keep hearing of the predicted pricing, but it'll be interesting to see what the real pricing will be.  Also what their distribution plan is.  Will these be sold and serviced through BMW?  Hmm...

alany

I'd be gobsmacked if these are NOT distributed through BMW dealers considering the power plant. Can't see BMW letting any other party work on their engines or loose that entire Service revenue stream.

binch

Yup, gotta hefty price tag on it doesn't it.    I guess I'll have to sell off my first born.....hahahhahha
Cheers, Bill

Trevor

Pretty much where I figured it would be (see my post on pg 6).

Keep in mind that price isn't quite all in yet. It still needs to be shipped, taxed, etc. So probably CAD$90+ range by the time it is all said and done here.
"You will be hollow. We shall squeeze you empty, and then we shall fill you with ourselves."
― George Orwell, 1984

Freedom Convoy Truckers -- Canadian Heroes!
Justin Trudeau --Enemy of the People!

Matt H

I did notice that if you choose the USA (no Canada available?) in the vehicle configuration section of the grenadier website you can only get six cylinder turbocharged petrol engine.
No diesel options for those oil burner addicts among us.
No Road Except For Land-Rover.

B-Red

One of the things I find frustrating with modern vehicles is the amount of gadgets and switches they place at Drivers finger tips. What I love about Tigger is the simple interface. Minimalist.
On the Bronco they use a screen that you can turn off. It makes it quite and simple when driving long trips.
This new car looks very nice. However, the driver command centre is too busy and confusing. Almost need to read the manual before you start lol

Red90

A review from someone with lots of real off road experience that owns a very heavily built Defender and Land Cruiser.

headdamage

Is there any true utility biased 4x4 in the Canadian market?

Trevor

Quote from: headdamage on February 23, 2022, 12:44 PM
Is there any true utility biased 4x4 in the Canadian market?

Hmm, not a new one that I can think of. Or, that's assuming we are talking about something like an older LR, Toyota, Ford/Chev/Dodge pickup. All the emissions and safety requirements make those types of vehicles pretty much  impossible these days unfortunately.
"You will be hollow. We shall squeeze you empty, and then we shall fill you with ourselves."
― George Orwell, 1984

Freedom Convoy Truckers -- Canadian Heroes!
Justin Trudeau --Enemy of the People!

headdamage

How about something with rubber floors, no infotainment center, no display screens, etc... There is nothing. I might need to buy a newer truck for work this year and the options mostly make me feel ill looking at them. I is almost worth building up a rover but I hate using my fun trucks for work for various reasons. Current work truck is a 2006 Chev 2500HD diesel 4x4, still in good shape but has just over 400,000km on it now. No rush anyway but I would like to figure it out before it becomes pressing.