2015 All British Field Meet - Edmonton

Started by binch, April 15, 2015, 10:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

binch

It's just been announced......The Edmonton - All British Field Meet will be held Saturday, June 13th from 11am to 4pm, at Laurier Park (Edmonton Valley Zoo)  Event will be co-ordinated by Dave and Mike Heathcote.

We've always had a good showing at this event and I'm hoping we'll do even better this year.     Now....let's get  Craig started on the Pulled Pork and Pulled Beef Sandwiches again.      And best of all...the whole day is free to our members (except entrance into the zoo...http://www.edmonton.ca/attractions_events/edmonton_valley_zoo/admission-hours.aspx)

Details to follow as they develop .....

http://www.alre.ca/Gallery/ALRE_album_files/2009_British_Field_Meet/2009_all_british_meet_Album.htm
Cheers, Bill

binch

We need a co-ordinator to represent the club at the Meet.    Simple job really...keep track of the numbers coming, member names and vehicle types.   Arrange for the club flags and portable shelter to get there and retrieved at the end of the day.     Eazy Peazy really.....anyone interested.   

And Please....don't wait for someone else to volunteer.   Chip in and help a little...... ;)
Cheers, Bill

Trevor

Not sure I'm going to be back by then, so unfortunately I can't offer much help on this one.
"You will be hollow. We shall squeeze you empty, and then we shall fill you with ourselves."
― George Orwell, 1984

Freedom Convoy Truckers -- Canadian Heroes!
Justin Trudeau --Enemy of the People!

Gardenome

Bill, let's talk next meeting about this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

binch

Quote from: Gardenome on April 22, 2015, 11:17 PM
Bill, let's talk next meeting about this.

I'll be there  ;)
Cheers, Bill

binch

Dave and Mike Heathcote have stepped forward to co-ordinate the ALRE for this one.   And Ian Gates has stepped up to deal with the ALRE member and family lunch.    I sure do like it when folks step forward to help out...make life so much easier.   Thanks Guys!!!
Cheers, Bill

Red90

Details from Mike.

The Alberta All-British Field Meet is on for Saturday, June 13th this year!
Here’s the details:
-          We’ll meet up at the Humpty’s Restaurant on 90th Avenue and 170th Street for 8:00am for breakfast.
-          At 9:00am, we’ll depart for Laurier Park as a group, hopefully scoring some decent spots for the show.  We’d like to have all the vehicles on-site before 10:00am.
-          The show itself runs from 11:00am till 4:00pm.

The club will be providing hot dogs for lunch, so we’d like to get a sense of how many trucks and people will be in attendance.  If you’d like to attend, can you please respond with a count of vehicles and people that you’ll be bringing?  I’ll be working with the All British Motoring Society to make sure they can clear a large enough spot for our group at the show.

mike.heathcote

Thanks!  I was just trying to figure out how to post that...  8)

binch

so who's going to make it out...?    I'm in the uk for the event but it sounds like a GREAT venue and with the Zoo right there it looks like a full days event.     And looks like a good traditional pulled pork on a bun for lunch with salads and sodas.     I'm looking forward to seeing lots of pics of what I'm to be missing out on ;)
Cheers, Bill

Gardenome

Any restrictions on dogs? With all those tires .....

binch

It's a public park so dogs are fine, as long as they are on a leash and you do the courtesy of picking up behind them.;D   FYI There is an off leash area immediately to the north  (about a 100 yards) of the park we are using for the show so if you'd like to go let the puppy rip around and play with the other dogs, in a safe environment  that's a good spot ;-)
Cheers, Bill

mike.heathcote

Hey Everyone, 

We'd like to get a good idea of the numbers that will be in attendance.  Ian has been kind enough to co-ordinate the pulled pork, but the order is due in tomorrow. 

If you're planning on coming out, can you please reply here, or shoot me a quick email: mike.heathcote@ama.ab.ca    So far, we've got 15 people, 7 vehicles and at least 2 dogs that will be in attendance.  :D 

Here's a quick re-cap of the day: 
-          Meet at the Humpty’s Restaurant on 90th Avenue and 170th Street for 8:00am for breakfast.
-          At 9:00am, we’ll head down to Laurier park in a Rover-convoy, to set up for 10:00am-ish. 
-          The show will run from 11:00am until 4:00pm. 

Hope to see everybody there! 

Mike

binch

one more week and show is on!    don't forget your lawn chairs and sunhats!!!!

I'm hoping we'll have a couple of new grills there this year.........and I can already think of three, off the top of my hat  ;)
Cheers, Bill

Gardenome

Do we have a traditional sauce we use to go with the pulled pork? Never done this before and the meat place said I should use some kind of sauce in the pot with all the meat.

binch

Lots of apple sauce and mustard is the standard, but some folk like bbq sauce too.  That pulled porked dished onto a bun then let the individual dole out the toppings to taste and fetch their own salad ;-)

When you reheat the pulled pork do it in a double boiler type set up (pork in pot sitting in another pot of boiling water).   Add a bit of water to keep things moist and prevent drying.   

mmmmmm I'm getting hungry already and I've just been up to the pub for sunday carvary!?!??
;)
Cheers, Bill