2015 All British Field Meet - Edmonton

Started by binch, April 15, 2015, 10:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Gardenome

Just water with the meat in the pot? Gotcha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

binch

You bet!   Just a little to provide moisture and prevent the meat from drying out.    That and the double boiler and you're all set ;-)

Thanks Ian!!
Cheers, Bill

binch

Mike Heathcote is looking for someone in the club to pick up the flags and shelter from Dave Menards place, just off the white mud and 121 st.   Can someone help him out with this please? ;)
Cheers, Bill

binch

This is it...bring it on and let's see the land rover shine hahahhahhhahhaa
Cheers, Bill

Gardenome

Part of the parade on the way to the park.

Gardenome

B-Red

Couple of pictures from the meet today. Weather was typical UK weather! Wet and cold   
Great turn out.
Thanks Mike, Dave and Ian for organizing us on this event.
Cheers

Matt H

Lots of tasty Land Rovers. Who has the Series One?
No Road Except For Land-Rover.

binch

Good collection there indeed!   I recognised quite a few of them too!   the LWT is one of .....Max and Bonnie from Edson, Bruce Taylor from Drayton valley or Emad El-Zein from Edmonton.   I don't think Claus's truck is back on the road yet and John's is white.    Have I missed anyone.....   ;-)

How'd the food work out?
Cheers, Bill

Gardenome

Food was good. Lots of pork left over. Series one was mine.

B-Red

The food was excellent. Lots to go around. Mike got the canopy from David and brought his own as well. With the rain, they gave us a dry warm spot to relax, eat and chat. Lots of good conversations.
For example, it turned out that Matt and I met at a second cup two to three years ago. At the time I was wearing a Scotish United jersey and that started the conversation. Then, We talked about land rovers. Couple of years later, he is in the club and quite a good member.

Then, came the Lightweight. Named Gertie.. Scott came around and before he left, he saw the name. Boof. It all came alive for him then. The car was owned by a fellow who checked him for medical when he got on the island in his unit. The vehicle was sold in 2008-2009. I bought it last year from the second owner, who was in the navy. With exmilitary cars, history always comes back and stays alive. Love it.

It was great to be our at an event not have to wash the car afterwards...if you got what I mean ;-)

binch

I see Dave's 110 made it down to the show.....How's the 300tdi running??????
Cheers, Bill

lovejugs

yep she made it down, still fitting bits that morning and it had only had a run round the block before driving it to the show. now i have to start getting some mileage on it before the AMT

binch

That's a GREAT start!!!!    How does the engine sound now that you've had it out on the road?    Good feelings....?
Cheers, Bill

Trevor

Quote from: binch on June 15, 2015, 04:50 AM
That's a GREAT start!!!!    How does the engine sound now that you've had it out on the road?    Good feelings....?

I was over at Dave's yesterday, engine sounds really good. Purrs along nicely
"You will be hollow. We shall squeeze you empty, and then we shall fill you with ourselves."
― George Orwell, 1984

Freedom Convoy Truckers -- Canadian Heroes!
Justin Trudeau --Enemy of the People!