Medicine Hat Spectrum Festival Car Show.

Started by Matt H, March 31, 2015, 12:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Matt H

http://www.spectrumfestival.ca

June 5th, 6th and 7th Medicine Hat hosts an annual family street party called the Spectrum Festival. This year it will have circus performers, exhibitions, food and beer gardens.

I have been asked if the ALRE would like to be involved in the role of organizing a car show. This is a great chance to show off the club to 20,000+ people. Perhaps we can even raise some money for charity? The festival it's self is fun and interesting with a diverse schedule and is worth visiting anyway. 

Between Yoda, Simon and I we can field several Land Rovers.....and an old jeep but we need as many LR's as we can muster to put on a really good show. If anyone from out of town is interested In attending get in touch with me. I can arrange camping at my acreage etc.

I will post further details as they come available.

Cheers
Matt.
No Road Except For Land-Rover.

Matt H

Accidentally reposted this thread while adding it to the events calendar.

My Bad.

Matt H

Not getting any takers from outside Med Hat for this event. I need an idea of potential numbers so I can let the committee know. If there is no outside interest in the show/festival that's ok, it will probably still go ahead with what Simon, Yoda and I can muster. But if you are thinking of maybe attending, even if you can't fully commit, please let me know.

Cheers
Matt.

Trevor

Unfortunatley I can't attend this one Matt.
"You will be hollow. We shall squeeze you empty, and then we shall fill you with ourselves."
― George Orwell, 1984

Freedom Convoy Truckers -- Canadian Heroes!
Justin Trudeau --Enemy of the People!

binch

Cheers, Bill

Rambler

Hi Matt, sorry to write I have to be away for work (in New Brunswick) during the festival dates.  Hope the series 3 and I can make it to some of the ALRE events and Medicine Hat meet ups later in the year.  (which reminds me to send in my membership application)

Cheers Ian
1957 Series One 88", petrol

SOLD:
'Luna' - Series 2 88", petrol with full tilt, ('61) [Restoration complete in 2020]
'Tardis' - Series 3 88", petrol hard top ('74) .. last seen sunning itself in the Carolinas

Matt H

Sorry to hear that Ian. Maybe next time?

So we are getting quite thin on attendees for the show. Simon also can no longer make it (although he has agreed to give me the keys to his Rangie and 43 willy's jeep) and as it stands it will be just Yoda and I.

If you are free that weekend and fancy joining in drop me a note. The festival is fun to see and there's plenty to do in Med Hat. The car show should be interesting with the 101 and whatever I can cobble together on short notice and accommodations can be arranged.

And please, even if you are unable to come down yourself spread the word at the various Gatherings around the Province.

Cheers
Matt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rambler

Hi Matt, Yes. I will put this in my calendar for next time.  Wishing you a successful and well attended event.  All the best.  Ian

SOLD:
'Luna' - Series 2 88", petrol with full tilt, ('61) [Restoration complete in 2020]
'Tardis' - Series 3 88", petrol hard top ('74) .. last seen sunning itself in the Carolinas

Matt H

May Long Weekend camp in Cypress Hills Sask is next weekend if your interested?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rambler

That would be a super run out for me, and thanks for invite.  Unfortunately, I'm waiting for some parts (back ordered) to get the series 3 out on the road again.  Hoping to put her back together next weekend.

SOLD:

Red90

I'm unfortunately not free this weekend.  You should sent out a note to the club email list.

Matt H

Matt H

Well the Spectrum Festival was last weekend and we survived our first Medicine Hat "car show". All in all we had a good time over the three days of the Festival. We were next to the BATUS soldiers so that was interesting.

Had a few minor incidents to overcome but I think we may have one or two, perhaps even three, folks interested in joining the ALRE in the MH area.

Weather was very hot and Yoda's sun shelter was employed to keep us alive. One thing we did find was useful to show visitors what we are all about was a portable video player with an old ALRE event playing.  Perhaps you guys should try it at the all British event coming up soon?

In the end we had Yoda's One ton, Simons 1970 SIIA Ambulance and 1943 MB willy's jeep, my 1970 SIII 88",1994 Mighty Range Rover+Sankey, 1997DI and  2006 LR3.

binch

looks like you have something big and green blocking you view on the left side of the pic.... ;D
Cheers, Bill

KIDD67

Matt do you have some pics of the event to share?? :o