Wanted: LR3 Receiver Hitch, 2009 Owners Manuals

Started by SpeedyJ, July 24, 2016, 11:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpeedyJ

I know this is a long shot, but let me know if you have a compatible receiver style hitch for an LR3 that you'd be willing to part with.

I'm also looking for a set of owner's manual, my new to me LR3 did not come with any. :(

I'm in Calgary.

Cheers

Jeff
587 226 3467 (text or call)

SpeedyJ

I though I'd share this in case any other LR3/4 owners are looking for the same.

After reading up on the factory quick release hitch I've decided to go with a North American style aftermarket hitch. It sounds like the quick release one is prone to wearing badly, to the point that it can fall out of the frame cross member.

A bit of research indicates that the Curt hitch is a good option in this market - good product, available and affordable. Further research shows that UHaul sells this hitch under their own brand, making it even cheaper - $235 installed.

Cheers

Matt H

I have the factory hitch and yes, it's really not very good. It is so needlessly complex you would swear it belongs to a German vehicle! It also puts the ball very low down requiring an adaptor to raise it again. Terrible.
No Road Except For Land-Rover.

Trevor

Well, it probably was designed when BMW owned them, so that would explain the complexity.
"You will be hollow. We shall squeeze you empty, and then we shall fill you with ourselves."
― George Orwell, 1984

Freedom Convoy Truckers -- Canadian Heroes!
Justin Trudeau --Enemy of the People!