May Long Weekend - Cypress Hills

Started by Matt H, March 19, 2015, 06:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Matt H

May Long Weekend is fast approaching and with it the traditional trek down to Cypress Hills for some camping/wheeling/socializing.

Who is planning on attending this year?
No Road Except For Land-Rover.

B-Red

Sounds like a good idea to test Tigger. I may camp it.

binch

going to be tight for me as UK trip on may 24th.   Time will tell..... ;)
Cheers, Bill

Trevor

I'll be down in Moab during the May long weekend, so unfortunatley won't be able to make Cypress Hills.
"You will be hollow. We shall squeeze you empty, and then we shall fill you with ourselves."
― George Orwell, 1984

Freedom Convoy Truckers -- Canadian Heroes!
Justin Trudeau --Enemy of the People!

Red90

What is the plan?  Camping, lodges, off roading, drinking, digging out a 101?  You guys need a marketing team for the Med Hat events.   ;D

Gardenome

"Digging out a 101?"

That cracked me up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B-Red

I used the cabin couple of years ago when I went down with the family. This one camping makes it more affordable. I have to check the map for a good spot that is also close to the group.

lovejugs

i got the cabin booked and i know yoda is booked and the 101 is being test driven as we speak. fingers crossed it will be the trial run for the 110 with the few slight mods i have been doing over the cold months lol

Matt H

We have a cabin booked too. Both drinking and repairing/digging out the 101 are time honoured traditions of May Long Weekend.

I'm actually a little concerned. If Yoda is indeed test driving the 101 already that can't be good. It's usually in pieces until about an hour before leaving. Being ready ahead of time is just inviting disaster!

Simon is out of town for May Long so won't be able to attend this year.

Trevor, you make it sound like you'd rather go to MOAB?

binch

Quote from: Matt H on March 20, 2015, 09:33 PM

hahahahhahahhahhahahhahhaha
Cheers, Bill

Matt H

I still have red dust everywhere inside the Mighty Range Rover from MOAB.

Matt H

Quote from: B-Red on March 20, 2015, 04:56 PM
I used the cabin couple of years ago when I went down with the family. This one camping makes it more affordable. I have to check the map for a good spot that is also close to the group.

Yeah, I agree Emad. The cabins and town house rates are getting quite piricy these days. I think this is the last year we are going to do it this way. Now the kids are older next May Long we are looking at tent camping. Perhaps getting a group area? That would be fun and much more affordable. We spend most evenings by the camp fire anyway.

Also, If we camp at the Alberta side there are no park fees to pay.

B-Red

Matt, what's a good spot to camp close to the Cabins area? This way I can join the camp fire in the evening.

Trevor

Quote from: Matt H on March 20, 2015, 09:33 PM

I'm being dragged down there kicking and screaming!  :D
"You will be hollow. We shall squeeze you empty, and then we shall fill you with ourselves."
― George Orwell, 1984

Freedom Convoy Truckers -- Canadian Heroes!
Justin Trudeau --Enemy of the People!

Matt H

Quote from: B-Red on March 22, 2015, 07:13 AM
Matt, what's a good spot to camp close to the Cabins area? This way I can join the camp fire in the evening.

They are all fairly close to the lodge. But if I remember correctly the campground named "Warlodge" is closest.