Waiparous Day Trip Saturday, January 2, 2016

Started by Red90, December 03, 2015, 08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Red90

We have been running a trip to Waiparous, northwest of Calgary over the holidays for the last few years.  This year the day after New Year’s looks to be a good choice.

This  will be a day trip in the Ghost FLUZ (Waiparous) north west of Calgary.  We will plan for an easy trip to the falls or Margaret Lake for a lunch.

Meet Saturday, January 2 at the Tim Hortons in Cochrane.  Departure at 09:30. Arrive earlier if you want breakfast.  The Timmy’s is just off of highway 22.

Bring a pair of chains for the rear tires along if you can.  Sometimes they are needed but some years you can’t live without them.  Last year was a good example of a year they were really needed.

For those coming from the north that do not want to drive all of the way to Cochrane, let me know.  We can plan to meet near the start of the trail and I can provide directions.

If you have any questions, ask away.

Rosco

A nice area for a winter trail run, I might have my defender back on the road by then.

Would it be a land rover only event?

Trevor

I'm hoping to make it down for this run as well
"You will be hollow. We shall squeeze you empty, and then we shall fill you with ourselves."
― George Orwell, 1984

Freedom Convoy Truckers -- Canadian Heroes!
Justin Trudeau --Enemy of the People!

B-Red

I am planning on going to this one. Hoping B-Red will be in tiptop shape for it.

B-Red

Is there any changes in the PLUZ rules this year for this run?
I didn't have a chance to review them yet.

Red90

Quote from: B-Red on December 07, 2015, 04:36 PM
Is there any changes in the PLUZ rules this year for this run?
I didn't have a chance to review them yet.

No.  AFAIK, there have not been changes to rules anywhere.

Red90

Here is a snippet of the map showing the possible trails we are allowed to do in that area....

Red = roads
Purple = truck trails
Green = quad trails
Blue = bikes
Green with snow flakes = Open to trucks in the winter.

Trevor

I didn't get my motor mounts swapped out this week...had work stuff to do instead. And I noticed I need some new ball joints as well. So the Disco's going to stay off the highways this weekend until I can get these items repaired. So my tentative status just moved to a no-go unfortunately.
"You will be hollow. We shall squeeze you empty, and then we shall fill you with ourselves."
― George Orwell, 1984

Freedom Convoy Truckers -- Canadian Heroes!
Justin Trudeau --Enemy of the People!

binch

How many folks from down south are coming out for the day????
Cheers, Bill

Matt H

Don't know about the other guys but I'm working the 2nd so I won't be going.   :(
No Road Except For Land-Rover.

binch

I was planning on driving down with Emad and Lloyd tomorrow, so we can get a fresh start on Saturday morning ;-)

Cheers, Bill

Red90

binch

That was a GREAT day out!   Thanks for the tour John.....always a good outing!     And it was great to have Kirk come out an join us again too.....     I'm looking forward to seeing more detail of Jeff's 1961 S11 turbo'd 2.25 petrol engine too.    I think there will be a few people on here that will be quite impressed with the work that was done ;)    I've got a call into Malcalm to see if he knows who the architect of the landy was......should hear back tomorrow I hope.
Cheers, Bill

Red90

Lloyd posted a few teaser photos on FaceBook at https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1066415733389909.1073741837.100000644770133&type=3

I think you can see them without being logged in.

binch

Some good photos there!!!!   Nice Job Lloyd ;)
Cheers, Bill