2023 BC Expedition Trip - CANCELLED

Started by Red90, February 16, 2023, 09:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Red90

Dates are set for August 27 to September 2.

In 2012, we ran a week long trip covering three different trails in BC.  The trip report was lost to the old forums, but you can see some photos on the club's photo album here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/alre_club/sets/72157665988362869/

We are planning to run the same trails but in the opposite direction.  All the trails are easy to moderate and have little to no overgrowth.

Anyone that is interested let me know.  We will discuss details via email.

Trip Plan with tracks and waypoints:
https://www.gaiagps.com/datasummary/folder/08e1e538-ff96-4778-9b17-f32e65415a12/?layer=GaiaTopoRasterFeet

Sunday: Meet and camp somewhere near Keromeos.

Monday: Complete Ashnola/Placer traverse east to west. Camp in Princeton or north end of Whipsaw Trail.

Tuesday and Wednesday: Whipsaw trail north to south.

Thursday: Drive up to Enderby, camp at Cooke Creek RS.

Friday: Do Hunter Ridge Trail, west to east.

Saturday: Drive home.

Chris

Depending on the dates I can probably commit, as long as everyone's ok if I bring a Toyota friend ? Lol

headdamage

binch

I might be interested if the time frame works out for me.   ;)
Cheers, Bill

Red90

Quote from: binch on March 07, 2023, 07:30 PM
I might be interested if the time frame works out for me.   ;)

Tell me the time frame that works. The first two people to commit will set the dates.

Chris

@red90 are the dates set above the set dates?

Red90

Quote from: Chris on April 06, 2023, 10:09 AM
@red90 are the dates set above the set dates?

No.  The dates have not been set.  I will revise that post.

Chris

My friend any I were thinking the last weekend of August, less bugs and afterwards head to chiliwack for the founders day event. what are your thoughts? can still make it two separate events, I know it would be a long week away from home and living out of the vehicle for that many days.

Red90

The dates for the trip have been set for August 27 to September 2.

Let me know if you are interested in coming along.

headdamage

I'm booking the time off for this trip.

pechanec

I am interested. Have to see closer to the trip if work commitments will permit!

Sent from my XP7700 using Tapatalk

Red90

Look like we just lost the Ashnola traverse. That spread fast.

Chris

Yikes  :(
Hopefully they get some rain and it stops spreading.

The Nahatlatch fire lookout burned down yesterday.  :'(

Red90

With the province asking people to avoid non essential travel, we are cancelling the trip.  Will try AGAIN next year, earlier in the season.

Def110

Living in Kelowna and seeing the trip right in my neck of the woods got me excited so I reached out to join the club - right around the time it was being cancelled.
This is my first post (on any forum ever) so just figuring it all out.
I've had 2012, 2016 LR4s and now a 2023 Defender 110. I like to get out in the backcountry and camp and generally explore mostly BC but also south of the border.
My wife and I took the 110 through Idaho and Utah in the spring to see how she runs and it passed the test with flying colours. I luv it.
I'm very flexible with my time and am heading out on a few small (2-3 nights) excursions - Kootenays and western Rockies for a few days here and there. Bigger plans as well.
So this is an invitation but I'm not sure how it works...
But I did figure anyone planning the BC trip or Founders Day in Chilliwack from Alberta is spirited enough to put it in drive and head out. Any takers?
Any tips on my posting or invitations is appreciated.
Def110 Kelowna