I need a banjo bolt for the turbo

Started by binch, April 12, 2022, 05:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

binch

Greating all.....seems I've misplaced a banjo bolt (part number ERR886) or parts 11 & 12 in the diagram below.    I'd be happy to buy it from you or take your and replace it with the next part order.   ;)

Cheers, Bill

Matt H

Can you not get one at your local diesel supply shop Bill? Pretty common size if memory serves.
No Road Except For Land-Rover.

binch

I possibly could....but I have no idea what size it is and when I look up the number I haven't been able to find out, or if it has a check ball inside.   If you have any clue about sizes and thread I'd be grateful to learn it sir  ;D

UPDATE: Toze was kind enough to pull one out of his 300tdi and it looks like it's a Flanged style, non-tapered M12x1.5 - 25mm long shaft with approx 13mm threaded portion.  The 2 holes in the sides of the shaft are approx 4mm ID.

Looks like it may be available at Bosch Hyrdaulics in Edmonton...but I'll have to confirm this ;-)

cheers, Bill
Cheers, Bill

Matt H

Cool. For some reason I have it in my head that John Deere Diesel engines use the same fittings?

I wouldn't bet my life on that though, after a while it blurs into one endless stream of broken engines and odd fasteners.
No Road Except For Land-Rover.

Alex C

Bill did you find one ? i can borrow you one of my 200Tdi
D90 200Tdi     67 S2a 88"

binch

Okay......looks like there are some corrections here.   

The hose in the second diagram (#9) has an 8mm banjo fitting on the one end, and suggests that it attaches to the top of the injector pump by a banjo bolt #11 (ERR886).    This turns out to be incorrect as part number ERR886 is a M12x1.5 - 25mm banjo bolt, which is far to big to fit the banjo fitting on the hose #9 of the second diagram.    The first clue was the washers #12 on the second diagram (273069) hole is only 8mm...far too small for suggestd ERR886.   

The correct banjo bolt required for the hose (and the fitting on the top of the injector pump) should be a M8x1.0 - 20mm banjo bolt #14 on the first diagram (part number ERR1125) of the injector pump assembly.

I contacted Bosch Hydraulics in Edmonton, hoping to procure the part there but it turns out the smallest they had was M10x1.25 which was no good.  I could wait for one from my next order but it will be faster to knock one off on the lath.    Well...the problem is solved now at any rate.

Cheers, Bill