2.5 / 2.25 L camshaft bearing

Started by ugly_90, September 01, 2015, 04:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ugly_90

looking for QTY 4 90519055, genuine, new. Should be a fairly common part.

binch

who are you going to get to do the Line boring on them.....?
Cheers, Bill

ugly_90

After some discussion with Malcom, I would rather avoid installing these bearings, as the old ones were lightly worn. The machinist I use sends them out to another shop. In this case, I would rather have them on hand. The blocks are already at the machine shop.

binch

You can purchase pre finished bearing from Turner Eng if you need new ones.    But all the old school I've spoken with say "if they aren't scored and don't have any obvious damage, just leave them.    They are a headache to deal with otherwise."
Cheers, Bill

ugly_90

After some discussion, i'm awaiting quote for prefinished camshaft bearings from Turner Engineering.

They have the genuine ETC8442 - 90519055 bearing set listed as clearance at only 24.95 GBP. This is regularly 82.77 GBP.
After discussion from my machinist, this was the easier path than line boring.

My order will be going in shortly. These bearings are common to the 2.5 and 2.25L engines, I expect both gas and diesel, but you'd need to confirm that.

If you think you might ever rebuild a 2.5 or 2.25L engine, you should join on this order, and have the parts on hand. They may never again be available for so little. Speak now or forever hold your peace.

Already a Rover

ugly_90

That order went out in early September. You'll have to speak to your machinist to find if he prefers the prefinished or original bearings.