series manifold stud and head gasket set

Started by jeffrey, September 04, 2020, 08:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeffrey

Hi there have am replacing the exhaust system on the series 2A and had to take the inlet and exhaust manifold off, as well as the gasket between the two of them. As always one of the manifold studs is stripped so needs to be replaced. These are not expensive items from the dealers, but was wondering if anyone has a gasket set before I order one from Britpart. Fitting the new exhaust system is a pain as the gearbox mount has to be removed so the down pipe can sit correctly.  Thanks

ugly_90

Would the cost of replacing all of the studs be reasonable as OEM/Genuine?, or is it a single new in a kit that's damaged?
? I've had trouble in the past with plating on some overseas BP hardware, and exhaust manifold studs can be unforgiving later. Did you get the trouble stud with the stripped threads out?

jeffrey

Yes it came out with the nut on it so all I need to do is to replace the stud with a new one. There is still some thread left in the exhaust manifold flange to slide it into. You are right that some of the aftermarket studs are a bit dodgy.