Series Radiator

Started by Already a Rover, August 26, 2020, 03:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Already a Rover

Well, I took the radiator in and they cannot fix it - looks like it was a shoddy job the first time - so they want $700 for a rebuild.

A new one is less than that, but they insist it will be better quality if they rebuild mine (?)

Anyone have a GOOD radiator they want to sell?  Thanks.

Jim

bumpydormobile

Hi Jim
I may have one that works for you. It's not original but I have had it in my 67 IIA for 20 years. It was re cored a while back.
I will dig up the paper work from when it was done. and get the measurements.

David

Already a Rover

Hi David,

Thanks!  Let me know what you can provide and I'll see what I can do!   Malcolm might be able to pick it up on his way down (I'm in Calgary). 

I'll have it pressure-tested before putting it in, so hoping you would take it back if it has a leak.  A little awkward there.

Some pics would help.

Jim

bumpydormobile

Hey Jim
I just looked for the receipt for when I had the rad re done but couldn't find it.
The rad is at the Sports car centre so I will get them to measure it and take some photos.
When is Malcolm heading down?

DM

Already a Rover

Hi.  It turns-out Malcolm can't make it, bummer.  If it is a good rad, then what do we do?  There is only ONE rad shop in all of Calgary, and I don't trust them to test it properly.  Anyway, I'll hold-off until I hear back from you, and try to check more regular-like.

To be clear, I'd like to keep it original.  I think after this round of repairs, I'm going to sell it in the US.

Jim

Already a Rover

All fixed now, for mega-bucks, but it is the Tropical one, meaning a lot bigger than a replacement radiator, and - well - done.  They gave me a good deal in the end, and I got to paint the top to match.  Too bad the holes on the side didn't line-up after they were done with it. 

Jim