OOPS - i'm 6'2" and 260lbs

Started by Jay1968, April 29, 2020, 08:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jay1968

i owned 3 project SII2As for four years and last night was the first time I actually sat in one  ::) I really dont fit well.  Any taller members have strategies or tips on how to drive these.   looking at moving steering wheel forward a bit and thinner seats but looks like i need to move the seats back 5-6 inches back :o
do not give them names!!!!!   JeepJeep, Green1, Sasquatch Dave, Redline, CrazyMotorMork&Mindy, Lude, GeepeeZed, Bug, Donair, and Partsei

headdamage

I'm 6'2" as well and 310lbs, snug fit. 109 and 90/110 Rovers have a few more inches of room than 88 inch models. The seat can be modified to move a bit further back in them as well. 109 and 110 5 doors have no limit to moving the seat back. Some people remove the bulkhead in 2 door Rovers to get move room as well. My biggest issue is the lack of elbow and shoulder room on my left side.

Jay1968

yes, noticed the tight left side too. had to open the door from the outside handle ;D
do not give them names!!!!!   JeepJeep, Green1, Sasquatch Dave, Redline, CrazyMotorMork&Mindy, Lude, GeepeeZed, Bug, Donair, and Partsei

Pine_Sol

'73 88
i am 6'10" and roughly 240lbs, mostly legs. operating the pedals was always interesting. zero room between the door and my left knee, the steering wheel my right knee and shifting into first. (years ago) i was fortunate to take a NAS 90 for a test drive, as they dont have the rear bulkhead the seat was able to move further backwards. with the seat all the way back i found it awkward to operate the pedals until i slide the seat forward a bit... lol
as cramped as i was to drive it, i did manage to drive it down (and back) to see the camel trophy mundo maya

in fairness, pretty much every vehicle does not have enough room for me.