Throttle body heater failure solution FINALLY

Started by binch, October 08, 2019, 10:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

binch

P38 RR and Disco 11 (with a V8) owners will likely have had their Throttle body heater start leaking coolant down onto the driver's side front valve cover.  So far I've had to replace my throttle body heater 3 times!!!  And it's all due to poor design/quality of the part that would just warp when heated up too many times.    The inlet and outlet are beside each other with a single, thinner, metal anchor point between them.  The results warpage and leaks.      Well Bert and Dave have come up with what looks to be a solution to my problems......

They built a "new mouse trap"!   Using the original unit as a base the built the body off it about 2x thicker with a more substantial hunk of metal between the inlet and outlet tubes that just won't warp!!!    A simple solution that's solved a design flaw.   The parts been in Susan's disco now for two years and its doing fine.     8)

https://www.sportscarcentre.ca/MGM000010K?mid=948
Cheers, Bill

Trevor

If you haven't already Bill you should link that onto some of the US based Disco forums.
"You will be hollow. We shall squeeze you empty, and then we shall fill you with ourselves."
― George Orwell, 1984

Freedom Convoy Truckers -- Canadian Heroes!
Justin Trudeau --Enemy of the People!

binch

Cheers, Bill