Availability of parts for RHD Defender 110 (1994/95)

Started by PeterA, October 06, 2019, 11:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PeterA

Hi
I am new to this forum so I apologize if this has been covered at some point in the past. I imported my 1994/1995 L-reg RHD Defender from the UK about 10 years ago to Gabriola Island, BC where it currently resides. It has been trouble free for all of these years however its age is starting to show. I have had it repaired a few times locally for oil changes, new fuel lift pump, and brakes. Parts needed to come from the LR dealer in Vancouver which I accept. However the vehicle recently developed a leak in the gas tank and now the fact that it's a RHD has become an issue as parts are not available in BC it would seem and perhaps even in Canada. My question is this: is there anyone out there who has successfully ordered parts for a RHD (Defender) from the UK and would they mind sharing their source and experience? In future I will also be looking at needing some body work done. Again suggestions or recommendations appreciated. I am quite prepared to have the vehicle shipped to Calgary if required.

Cheers!

Red90

Sure. There are dozens of places to buy parts in the UK and all work fine. That is how most people buy them. Most places will have you parts within a week and prices are low. I tend to like using LRDirect as they give you a choice of brands to use.

If the truck is still on the west coast there is a vendor there as well. Rocky Mountain Products. http://parabolicsprings.com/