98' Defender 110 Parts Publication, WITH turbo info

Started by Trevor, March 31, 2019, 12:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor

I've got the "Official" Land Rover Defender CD with the Workshop Manuals and Parts Publications for my '98 Defender. However, the Parts Pub does not include any mention of the turbo assembly. I've search the entire document and all the sub-categories, alas it is not there for some reason.

I can find reference diagrams online, but I was hoping to see an official parts publication that references it because they often mention VIN #'s where they changed things (and as a result a different parts/set of parts is needed).  Does anyone happen to have a digital copy of one (that includes the turbo section) they could email me? tmyler@shaw.ca
"You will be hollow. We shall squeeze you empty, and then we shall fill you with ourselves."
― George Orwell, 1984

Freedom Convoy Truckers -- Canadian Heroes!
Justin Trudeau --Enemy of the People!

binch

I see in the manual for the 1997 defender 300tdi has a section on the turbo unit and it's workings (section 19 fuel system) but that's a work shop manual.

I sent you an email Trevor Bubba  ;)
Cheers, Bill

Red90

It is shown in the 1994 manual.

You cannot view this attachment.

Trevor

Thanks John.

Odd that I can't find it in the '98 version. I've gone so far as searched the part # on ever sub-category, and no luck.

The oil feed or drain lines are the ones I'm most curious about, as I've read on a couple part's sites that they changed at some point. You drawing would suggest that IF they in fact did, it would be between 95 and 98. I may just pull them off and have a look to confirm.
"You will be hollow. We shall squeeze you empty, and then we shall fill you with ourselves."
― George Orwell, 1984

Red90

What I understand is the thread type oil connections changed.  I expect you are fine as you have a late truck.  Personally, I would buy new lines with a new banjo and washers.  Banjo bolts are a few dollars.

https://www.lrdirect.com/ERR4802-Turbocharger-300Tdi/
QuoteIf feed pipe does not fit at the top you need ERR3495 pipe and ERR125 banjo bolt. If pipe does not fit at the bottom you need ETC8820 adaptor ERR1125 banjo bolt.

Trevor

That's one of sights I was reading John...and I agree, for the price of the extra "uncertain" bits, no harm in just buying them and sort it out when it all arrives.
― George Orwell, 1984