Pintle wanted

Started by Lightningpower, March 26, 2019, 08:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lightningpower

Looking for the ex mod pintle stuff. Any available?

camo388

Some people like the pintle hitch with ball combination.  Gives 2 options for towing.  I see them on some of the oilfield trucks here in Drayton Valley but haven't actually talked to anyone to see what they think of them.  My Land Rovers being ex military, had the swivel pintle hitch and think they are great.  I'm sure you would tear the hitch off the frame before you could damage it.

Red90

Just do not use any North American pintles for towing a Sankey.  They are the wrong size.  The correct one is a snug fit to the ring.

Lightningpower

Interesting... Will a British style pintle accommodate an american style ring adequately?

camo388

As John says, the ring will be a snug fit to the pintle.  Best get out your tape measure and or calipers.

Red90

Quote from: Lightningpower on March 27, 2019, 09:37 AM
Interesting... Will a British style pintle accommodate an american style ring adequately?

Not well.  The pintle and ring need to match well if you are going to tow on the road.  If it is a bit of off road or towing around a yard, it does not matter, but on the road a loose ring will be noisy, wear out and lockup at some point.

The pintle sizing is not "British".  It is a NATO standard.

Aaron

I likely have an ex-mod swivle pintle available.  I'll have an answer for you by the weekend.

Lightningpower

Interested to know what you find.

Aaron

Direct message sent.  Apologies that it took a little longer than the weekend!

Cheers,
Aaron

Lightningpower

:update: got one. Thanks, Aaron!