Series III Door Bottoms

Started by DBrands, March 17, 2019, 11:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DBrands

Putting a feeler out for some decent Series III door bottoms to fit to my 90 while I fix the one piece doors. Any in Alberta looking for a new home?

David
David B

1990 D90 - 200TDI

Red90

Is your truck ex-MOD?  If not, it will not fit Series 3 doors without modifications.  The check hardware is different with regular Defenders.  MOD Defenders had check hardware designed to work with Series 3 doors.  You can buy half doors built to work with Defenders, but new does not sound like what you are after.

DBrands

Quote from: Red90 on March 17, 2019, 11:43 AM
Is your truck ex-MOD?  If not, it will not fit Series 3 doors without modifications.  The check hardware is different with regular Defenders.  MOD Defenders had check hardware designed to work with Series 3 doors.  You can buy half doors built to work with Defenders, but new does not sound like what you are after.

I cut up an ex-mod bulkhead a while back and the bolt hole pattern was the same. I've got the bulkhead-side brackets from it. Don't I just need the half door, door-side hardware to match?
David B

1990 D90 - 200TDI

Red90

If you have the check strap parts from an MOD and the door catch it should work.

DBrands

Quote from: Red90 on March 17, 2019, 06:03 PM
If you have the check strap parts from an MOD and the door catch it should work.

Thanks for the insight John. Now to track down some doors and door-side hardware...
David B

1990 D90 - 200TDI