tires

Started by stretch1940, August 29, 2018, 04:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stretch1940

I need tires for my 2a  750x16's would be great

ugly_90

Are you using this truck primarily for licenced on road use?

There's likely plenty of cracked old XZL and XCL with good tread that will work with tubes for farm use.

I would expect low numbers of viable used roadworthy tires in that format, unless you want to buy new Yokohama Y742 or comparable Chinese tires.

In roadworthy used, you'll more likely find supply of 235 85R16.

SpeedyJ

I just discovered some cracks in the carcass of my Yokohama Y742s, so I'm kind of cool on them right now. I did notice that the new BFG Mud Terrain is available in 7.50 r16 now: https://www.bfgoodrichtires.ca/products/mud-terrain-t-a-km3.html

I think it's Cooker that makes all the vintage style tires in that size, you may want to check them out as well.

ugly_90

Interesting that the new BFG may be available in the 7.50, that may make it worthwhile. I did note fairly old datecodes on the side of my Y742 when " new". I expect that is likely the cause of your cracking, rather than any design issue.

ugly_90

I confirmed supply of those new BFG KM3 7.50x16 tires. Something like $264/EA here in GP. Might be a future buy.

SpeedyJ

Nice, I haven't thoroughly inspected all my tires yet, but at the very least the two front ones are garbage, so it looks like I'll be in the market in the spring. It's good to know that they haven't been sitting on a shelf for four years already.

SpeedyJ

I've found cracks in all four of my Yokohama y742s', so I went back to Kal-Tire yesterday, where I'd originally purchased them. Luckily I was able to find the original receipt from summer 2014. Kal-Tire was pretty good, they'll prorate the warranty, so I'll get $600 back against the $1050 that I'd originally spent. Even better is that I can apply the $600 to the price of the new BFG KM3's.

ugly_90

That would be my vote. Post some photos here after you get the 7.5 KM3's mounted. I think you're likely the first. There are vintage Jeeps, trucks and other makes that could benefit from this size and model as well.