looking for a 110 or 130 project

Started by headdamage, January 15, 2018, 08:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

headdamage

I maybe a bit ill but I'm thinking of starting work on a long wheel base if I can find a good 110 or 130 project, even a good chassis would do to start. Thanks.

camo388

You might want to send a PM to ugly_90.  He has a few 110 projects on the go.  Too many his wife says (but they all say that), though in this case it is true.  ;D

ugly_90

Bruce is right, he does have some extra iron in his backyard over the winter.

Andrew missed out on a ground-level opportunity on cheap long wheelbase Toyota's in his hometown. :)

I have a third landrover project starting.

I will have enough surplus from this third and last project to make up most of a 110. I have no title though, and the parts would most likely be 1987 vintage. Drum rear, 2.5na. LHD.

vwrob has a 130 that needs assembling. Maybe you can do a deal with him :)

headdamage

The main parts that I'm lacking for a project would be:
- chassis
- rear body (prefer two door if 110)
- roof top and sides

I'm considering either converting my 90 into a 110 or using my RRC for the drive train. Either way I don't need the project to have engine, transmission, or axles. I mostly complete body would be ideal, I would like to keep my 90 intact.

ugly_90

I vote against scrapping the running and registered 90 for a 110. There's enough metal out there to make that unnecessary.

My two-door parts unit should be ready by mid summer. If you can find a valid registration on a straight 110 chassis, you'll have most of it there.

Matt H

There is an ex mod 110 down here that was AB registered but hasn't moved in years. I can see if the owner wants to part with it if you like? He is a bit of an odd bird so it may take a while to track him down.
No Road Except For Land-Rover.

headdamage

LOL... yes that one is out of my price range. I'm looking for one a can build because I can't afford to buy a good one.

binch

Quote from: Red90 on January 17, 2018, 09:40 AM
Quote from: binch on January 17, 2018, 09:26 AM
How about this option Andrew?

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1985-land-rover-defender-90-converted-to-a-130/?utm_source=dailymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2018-01-17

That will be $100000 buy the time the auction is done.

No, that will maybe fetch 20k usd on that site.    If it were a real 130hicap and LHD drive, with way better records it might fetch about 40k usd.    I've only seen one 110 NAS CSW sell for 100,000 usd.   Next are the D90NAS and they sell for 35 to 55 usd.    I've only seen one D90 with a tdi sell for more then 30 usd and that was a surprise as there is usually a BIG gab between the NAS and the tdi's.    The five door series 109 wagons are doing 50 to 60k for models in GOOD condition.  But old and weathered (aka just broken in) are fecting 6k to 12k usd for prices.

My 3 door wagon isn't too popular on their site.....maybe 25k if I'm lucky!!! 

But watch the big Toyota land cruisers on there....they are almost giving them away!?!??!
Cheers, Bill

Red90

130 with a TD5 and galvanized frame in the USA?  No way Bill.  It is clearly a late model TD5 (P38 diff) on a galvanized frame with a VIN swap from a 90 to make it "legal".  $20k would not get close to one in Canada, where anyone can import them.

Red90

Quote from: Red90 on January 17, 2018, 04:37 PM
It is clearly a late model TD5 (P38 diff) on a galvanized frame with a VIN swap from a 90 to make it "legal".

https://www.instagram.com/p/BdQT_p_ns3S/

It seems to have become a 1985 just in the last month.  it was a 2007 model in December.

headdamage

Red90

I just got that from the comments in the listing.  The seller pulled the listing now that it is a little more than obvious that it is a VIN swap.

mike.heathcote

If you're still looking for a 110, check this out..   There's 2 that I saw.  It's on stony plain road, just west of winterburn road.  The guy's had a few over the years, normally a lot worse than this one. Parts donor maybe?