Projekt Grenadier

Started by binch, September 27, 2017, 10:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spartree

I signed up for notifications on the Grenadier and just got an invite to see the prototype (I expect others have gotten the same invite). Looks like June 8 in Calgary and you have to book your appointment ahead of time. That's a Wednesday, so I'm not sure if I can manage to get down there, but will try to swing it. Anyone else get the invite and planning to go?
E Silva Surrexi

binch

I saw that myself.....3 stops in Canada (hah!).    And there will not be a diesel option available in north america. >:(
Cheers, Bill

GR8PMKN

I thought I was signed up for notifications, and I've been getting some, but not the one to go see it.  How does one get signed up for that??

spartree

Quote from: binch on May 23, 2022, 10:25 PM
I saw that myself.....3 stops in Canada (hah!).    And there will not be a diesel option available in north america. >:(

I suppose we should consider ourselves lucky that it's not just going to Toronto. And yeah, would like to see a diesel option. In any case, I don't think I'm seriously considering one, but wouldn't mind seeing it in person. Will probably drive the 110 down there, assuming we can get the master cylinder sorted in time!

Quote from: GR8PMKN on May 26, 2022, 01:33 PM
I thought I was signed up for notifications, and I've been getting some, but not the one to go see it.  How does one get signed up for that??

I'm not sure what options I selected that got me the invite. T'was quite a while ago now.
E Silva Surrexi

lropchan

Red90

Look at the Australian spec with accessories.

binch

Lucky Dawgs!!!!  They can get the diesel version >:(
Cheers, Bill

Matt H

I'm not sure I'd want a modern diesel even if it were available. All the dpf bull crap and extra electronic controls make them a bit of a liability long term.

Not that a modern petrol is much simpler with the variable valve timing etc but at least you don't have all that exhaust crap waiting to ruin your day as well.

I believe both are bmw units too so...yeah, there's that too.
No Road Except For Land-Rover.

Red90

JFC!!!!!  Who the heck is going to buy these things?

FROM $91,929.00

https://ineosgrenadier.com/en/ca/the-vehicle/vehicle-configurator

headdamage

spartree

At this point I'd say I'm firmly passing on this vehicle and sticking with the 110 haha. After a few years of ownership my only real complaint with the 110 is how bloody slow it is and the excessive revs at highway speed. If I was itching to spend money, I imagine I could have the engine swapped and a modern auto installed for quite a bit less than the starting price on the Ineos...
E Silva Surrexi

binch

Here's an interesting review of the Grenadier....still sounds like a nicer option to the new Ofender LOL

Still not available in Canada yet but "they wanted to wait until Canadian import duties on European-made vehicles were nixed, as of Jan. 1, 2024, under the Canada-EU Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement (CETA)".

Still....it's not cheap....but it does come prepared. ::)

Cheers, Bill

Red90

binch

Thanks for posting that link John.   Other then the 'bloody great lump' he seemed very impressed by it.   The smaller fuel tank issue would be even more noticeable with the petrol engine (seeing as we can't have the diesel version in Canada).    How many jerry cans would you need on the AMT with the petrol version?   :o

All that said....His review sounded very positive.   Great effort for Grenadier on the first attempt!!!!    Maybe one day I too will with the lottery ;D

Cheers, Bill

Matt H

I'm sure it is very nice. And for the sticker price it bloody well should be.

Just like a new Defender Bronco or Colorado Bison or loaded JL Rubicon etc.

All very nice, very new and very expensive.

I do hope they are able to build up the brand and perhaps one day offer something a little more affordable but by coming out the gate with a unproven vehicle this expensive with a giant parts/service/warranty grey area when compared with its established competitors I don't expect that there will be a lot of people willing to roll those dice.

My 2c
No Road Except For Land-Rover.