Anyone have a spare inner tube for 9x16 tire?

Started by Lightningpower, September 15, 2017, 05:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lightningpower

I need at least inner tube for a 1 tonne, running 9 x 16 military tires. In Edmonton area. Will drive a ways if I can get one soon.

Lightningpower

Or know what to ask for from a tire shop? Do they sell inner tubes anymore?

B-Red

Try Kal Tire in Nisku/ Leduc. Big shop there that services big rigs and farm machinery. I got some from them two years ago.

Lightningpower

B-Red

Lightningpower

My tires are 9.0 x 16

I called Kal Tire in Nisku, they don't have a tube. Red Deer had 7.5 x 16, which he thought would stretch... and he wanted $57 for it. A lot for the wrong thing.

Rambler

Might be worth giving Peter a call at 3brothersclassicrover
1957 Series One 88", petrol

SOLD:
'Luna' - Series 2 88", petrol with full tilt, ('61) [Restoration complete in 2020]
'Tardis' - Series 3 88", petrol hard top ('74) .. last seen sunning itself in the Carolinas

binch

Quote from: Lightningpower on September 16, 2017, 09:46 AM
My tires are 9.0 x 16

I called Kal Tire in Nisku, they don't have a tube. Red Deer had 7.5 x 16, which he thought would stretch... and he wanted $57 for it. A lot for the wrong thing.

That's crazy pricing for a tube that size.    But check with the tire shops that service farm and heavy equipment.

OR   Ackland Granger https://www.acklandsgrainger.com/en/category/Inner-Tubes-and-Reliners/Tire-and-Wheel/c/27123?q=%3AtopSeller&pagesize=32

OR Gregg distributors.....I'm sure there are some out here somewhere ;)
Cheers, Bill

SpeedyJ

I'm guessing that you're just trying to get this rig rolling right now, is there any chance that the old one can be patched? Could it be leaking through a bad valve?

B-Red

Let me check Tiggers tires. I have new tubes for it. Give me a call to meet tomorrow.
Emad

Matt H

That is a 36" tyre. Don't think Tigger's feet are that big?
No Road Except For Land-Rover.

ugly_90

I hope the inner tubes are available new, it may take some looking in the tractor related places, perhaps.

I have a lead for a yard with scrapped military tires in Wainwright for your 101, which was likely in use there as well in the past. Several other military tires may cross reference. May be able to come up with a spare set of used that are viable in that size, which becomes expensive very fast when buying new.

camo388

I Googled "used military tires" and found this in Edmonton.  https://www.kijiji.ca/v-tires-rims/edmonton/military-tires-assorted-sizes-and-quantity/1296750472?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true
There are other listings on Kijiji but appears to be the dealer in Ontario shipping out to pick up depots in different cities.  They show the 900 x 16 tires as part of their stock but you would have to contact them to see if they can also supply the tubes.

Trevor

Is it running the Michelin XZL 9.00 R16? If so I'd seriously consider changing to a good radial of similar size as those tires are horrifically bad. Decent in deep mud, but bad everywhere else, and absolutely terrifying on real wet or icy surfaces. I've run a set of the XZL 7.5 x R16. They should be outlawed for road use imo.
"You will be hollow. We shall squeeze you empty, and then we shall fill you with ourselves."
― George Orwell, 1984

Freedom Convoy Truckers -- Canadian Heroes!
Justin Trudeau --Enemy of the People!

Matt H

101's have a narrow rim width and a unique bolt pattern makes running a modern tire quite an expensive proposition. But before you disappear down the one ton rabbit hole completely with tire choice it may be better to cut your losses and upgrade straight away before spending $$$ on tubes and whatnot.

IIRC 8" wide x 16" tall rims are available from the club (101 club) and Craddock's making fitment of a more common radial 35x12.50R16 or a 37x12.50R16 tire possible. Other options would be custom order from the likes of Walker Evens etc.

Again, talk to Yoda. He will know all your options.
No Road Except For Land-Rover.