Moab 2018

Started by Trevor, September 05, 2017, 01:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor

With the AMT on fire and the likelihood of that event increasingly in flux, I am thinking about scheduling another run to Moab for late Sept/early Oct 2018 if there is interest. If the AMT still materializes, so be it, I would run both without issue.

However what I am wondering is

1) if you are interested in Moab next fall,
2) are you also pondering coming on the AMT,
3) and if "yes" to #2, would you do both, or one or the other?
"You will be hollow. We shall squeeze you empty, and then we shall fill you with ourselves."
― George Orwell, 1984

Freedom Convoy Truckers -- Canadian Heroes!
Justin Trudeau --Enemy of the People!

pechanec

AMT?

Sent from my XP7700 using Tapatalk

lropchan

AMT = Alexander Mackenzie Trail

pechanec

Ah. Hoping to make that one. Moab probably not

Sent from my XP7700 using Tapatalk

binch

AMT for sure!!!!

....moab not so likely

;)
Cheers, Bill

B-Red

I would be considering both events Trevor. It has been a while.

Matt H

In a perfect world I'd like to say I would do both. But in reality i will need to choose between one or the other as I don't get much time off from work. So if the AMT is a go I'd want to do that as I've never done that before. Then if I could swing Moab also it would be a bonus!

If AMT is cancelled then count me in for Moab.
No Road Except For Land-Rover.

Trevor

Thanks for the feedback guys. There appears to be a bit of interest, depending upon how things unfold. This thread will be here for future comments, so we will see. I've decided that I will be doing a fall run to Moab for sure in 2018. Whether or not it's a club run will depend upon interest here as we get closer.
"You will be hollow. We shall squeeze you empty, and then we shall fill you with ourselves."
― George Orwell, 1984

Trevor

I am heading down to Moab for the Land Rover National Rally this year. It runs from Sept 17 --> 21, 2018.

I'll be staying in St Danes Cabins (formerly Morris' Last Resort)...  www.stdanescabins.com ...  from Sept 16 --> 23. Actually I will be there the following week as well, but that week is already committed to some clients/work associates.

If you would like to come down and check out Moab and the Rally, you know where to find me! This isn't an "official" club trip per se. I will be there and am happy to show folks around and give out pointers for the what trails to run on the rally.

I chatted with the LRNR folks the other day and they will have the registration page up in a month or so. I think the cost is usually around US$100. If anyone is interested I will be sure to post a note here once that is active.
― George Orwell, 1984

binch

Good to hear you're running another trip down there Trevor  ;)

Anyone thinking about it.....GO FOR IT!!!!    There are lots of great trails down there for ALL skill levels and body types (new or old)  8)
Cheers, Bill

B-Red

I am going to see how things work out with the AMT trip before I commit to this one. I will keep eyes open. Cheers

Trevor

Here's a video of me running Hells Gate yesterday on Hells Revenge.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAJ_oMdjRvI

Much less eventful than last time, but I'm also about 6 inches wider, which makes all the difference on this one.
― George Orwell, 1984

binch

Nice job Trevor!    I remember that one and it was a real schvinktor schmacker :o

How is the new engine  doing????
Cheers, Bill

Matt H

Looking good. I remember that hill being much steeper in real life than it looks in the video. I bet it's even steeper yet from the drivers seat!
No Road Except For Land-Rover.

Trevor

Yeah, she's a steep one. We had one in our group flop on his side mid-point of the climb. Was a bit of an ordeal getting him winched back upright. Had another flop on his side going down the z-turn on Moab Rim, but we managed to get him upright pretty quick and no significant damage.

Engine is running very well Bill. Mechanical fan is keeping it cool enough, but I'll need to sort out a new electric option when I get back just to get the advantage of that big rad. But overall, it's doing very well!
― George Orwell, 1984