2017 Calendar - December Photo

Started by lropchan, November 03, 2016, 04:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lropchan

For the December photo I'm taking a different approach. Instead of just vehicles, it's going to be people! That's right, you - club members and families.  :)

JR Edmonton has agreed to let us use their place (17007-111 Ave., Edmonton, AB) on Sunday November 13th (exact time TBD). The idea is to get as many members and their families to show up, don a festive hat of some kind (santa hat, elf hat, reindeer ears, etc.) and SMILE (or frown, or grin, or whatever you like  :) ).

I'll post additional information (basically the time) as I have it available.

binch

Cheers, Bill

lropchan

OK, we have a plan.

I scoped out the dealership on Friday and spoke with Shawn. They have a "off-road demo area" in the back where we can get a couple of vehicles on the ramp. Shawn has offered to drive a new LR or RR up on it and we can get an older one on there are well. Then we'll get all the people (members and their families) somewhere around them.

So, grab the spouse and kids (or not), head to the dollar store and grab some festive head gear. and, we'll see you on:

Sunday November 13, 2016
12:00 (noon)
Land Rover Edmonton - 17007-111 Ave.
https://www.google.ca/maps/place/Land+Rover+Edmonton/@53.5589812,-113.6187463,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x53a020e1f6e075bb:0xf6334fd90200447c!8m2!3d53.558978!4d-113.6165576

Hopefully the weathers nice as I don;t have a plan B as yet.  :)

lropchan

A just a reminder.

Sunday at noon we meet at the Land Rover dealership to take the December photo. Remember to bring your festive hat(s) and your family.

binch

Don't forget your xmas décor!!!

And if you are interested in Lunch afterward.....great opportunity for a social  :D
Cheers, Bill

lropchan

Thank you to everyone that showed up for the photo. It came together pretty well. And, who knew there'd be a mud challenge to boot. :) And, a big thank you to Land Rover Edmonton for letting use use their location and a couple of vehicles.

In hindsight, based on some of the conversation at the shoot, there may have been some confusion of my intent and that may have kept some people from showing up since their Land Rover was safely tucked away for the winter. My intent was for it to be mostly a people picture with only a couple of vehicles in it. However, as it turned out we got a number of vehicles in as well. 

Now, to plant the seed for next year (assuming the result is favourable). Emad suggested that next year we should do a different theme. Since it is Canada's 150th anniversary a Canada Day theme seems appropriate. My thought is to do a Saturday or Sunday family outing to somewhere in the Red Deer area (kind of mid province) - probably after Canada Day. Again, with a quick stop at the dollar store for some kind of Canada hat or props. The photo (or collage of photos) would then be the July photo for 2018.

binch

Not a bad idea but I think you may have better success getting the various sections (Edmonton, Red Deer, Med Hat, Calgary, GP, etc) to get a group pic in their area, with their families and landies, with the Canadianna theme.   Seems that each area has some type of significant site that would represent Canada. ;)   Then with all those pics we can fill the calendar with all sorts of stuff ;-)
Cheers, Bill

lropchan