"Backyard" tent and trailer expo

Started by 5spd, August 22, 2016, 09:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

binch

I hope you do....and with the dormobile too!!! ;D
Cheers, Bill

5spd

So, add 1 x Dormobile, and now 1 x D1 with Hannibal Roof top tent (Nicole and Curtis).  We should have a good cross-section of very usable gear to examine. 

binch

Cheers, Bill

5spd

Folks,

I've moved the location of the tent and trailer and camping gadgetry expo for Saturday.  It is still 24 Sept, 1000-1400 hours, but the location is now Rodeo Drive Parking lot, Riel Recreation Park, St Albert, AB.  Meet in the Northwest corner, and we'll set up in a fairly tight group.  There is a football game at 1500, so the parking lot will fill up after 1400.  The area is a dirt parking lot, bordered by a grassy field.  It has toilets, picnic tables, picnic shelter, fire grates and a playground all nearby as well, at the end of Rodeo Drive.  The area borders on Sturgeon river, and there is a small boat launch suitable for canoes.  Dogs are welcome in most areas of the park.  The weather forecast remains good for Saturday.

Many thanks to Kerwin for offering up the parking lot at Douglas Sollows Architect, but as Saint Albert has offered a quieter dirt and grass site for free, I snapped it up.  The photo enclosed shows the area of Riel Recreation Park we will use.

Please help me get the word out to folks, as I know not everyone will see the email or forum posts.  Sorry for the inconvenience.  Feel free to give me a shout if need be.   I am still tracking at three trailers, and at least three roof top tents, plus maybe a Dormobile, so we should have enough turnout to have some fun.
Inline image

Chris
780 569 1812

pechanec

Sorry guys Curtis and I cannot make it. He is still away at a job. Hope to make the next event. Thanks

binch

good pics....but you forgot Chris's trailer :'(

It was a really good set of examples of the some of the options available for overland travel.   From the simplicity and basic shelter of the OZ tent, a vehicle mounted awning set up that sets up in couple of minutes, and a light weight trailer to carry a complete kitchen, food, and camping gear to a converted Sankey trailer with an automatic opening cargo area, kitchen set up and roof top tent, to a compact and purpose built custom trailer with all the necessities to live from for a year long adventure across Africa.

This was a small and basic example of the potential that out there for weekend to expedition travel, providing enormous potential of what is really available.

A brilliant idea Chris!!!!!   Thanks very much sir...and all those folks that brought out there equipment and set they up for all to see.

I hope we do this again  ;)

Cheers, Bill

lropchan

Ooops, you're right. You should be able to see Chris' trailer in the Brule lake images (I think).

RWAYOUT

Nice !! Wish I could have made it out there instead of being away for work.
I have a Drifta Camp Kitchen that would have looked right at home that day !
2001 Range Rover HSE 4.6
EAS works !

binch

Quote from: RWAYOUT on September 26, 2016, 12:39 PM
Nice !! Wish I could have made it out there instead of being away for work.
I have a Drifta Camp Kitchen that would have looked right at home that day !

Add a pic of it....always good to see new ideas  ;)
Cheers, Bill

RWAYOUT

2001 Range Rover HSE 4.6
EAS works !

binch

Nice example of a chuck box/trunk ;)
Cheers, Bill

B-Red

I came accross this Italian website for roof tents. Excellent options for old and new Landrovers. Some new concepts too. Check it out. Some can also be used on the trailers.

http://www.autohome-official.com/en/

camo388

Quote from: RWAYOUT on October 01, 2016, 01:44 PM
heres the link for you !

http://www.drifta.com.au/drifta-pull-out-short-dpos-790/

Boy oh Boy!  I really like the looks of the pull out kitchens.
I'd better start my letter to Santa and mail it today.  Failing that maybe a few picture hints around the house will get me a good Christmas present.