For Sale - Lexus LX470/100 Series Land Cruiser

Started by SpeedyJ, May 16, 2016, 12:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpeedyJ

Apologies for the non-Land Rover content, hopefully this is accaptable on the LR forum.

With my recent Dodge Cummins acquisition I need to thin the fleet a bit, unfortunately this means that I have to put our 2000 Lexus LX470 up for sale.

It’s a dark grey (river rock green) Alberta truck without the factory roof rack.

The good:

221000kms

OME Medium springs/torsion bars (1.5” lift, 2yrs old)

Fox 2.0 Shocks

Pioneer touch screen head unit (was a non-nav truck), You can have the OE head unit if you want.

Tan leather interior (some wear, but not bad).

Doug Thorley cat-back exhaust (helps with the highway merges)

265/75R16 Duratracs on factory wheels (nearly new)

275/70R16 Hakka studded winter tires (maybe a season left)

Aftermarket hitch from the ‘The Hitch Experts’, wired for brake controller. Hitch was installed for a bike rack, I’ve used it maybe three times to move my ’61 Land Rover around town, other than that it has not been used to tow.

Brembo front rotors with ceramic pads

Newer Diehard premium battery

Nearly all oil changes have been done at Toyota dealerships.

Most of the mileage is highway (there’s three trips to Moab in there)

3rd Row Seats

OEM rubber floor mats for all rows, as well as a great cargo mat.

Everything works except for the height control (for obvious reasons).

Running board are removed, but will be included in the sale (with hardware).

The bad:

Some stone chips on hood, top of windshield

I have kids

It’s been used like a truck â€" there are a few scrapes in the interior load area

No rear locker (wasn’t available in 2000), but the traction control has always kept things free of drama.

Full disclosure:

We hit a deer with it three months ago, no real damage was done to the truck, but the headlights, grill, bumper cover were all replaced. The upside is that they did a great job and the front end looks pretty fresh with the new grill, light, etc…. The transmission cooler and A/C condenser were also replaced, so the A/C blows cold.

Optional:

RhinoRack roof rack. I plan on keeping this for future use. This is the one that bolts to the factory locations, so there shouldn’t be any paint damage. The original covers will be reinstalled.

I’ve had it since 140k kms (about four years ago), the timing belt and water pump were done at that time with all OEM parts. It has never, ever let us down, if it’s snowing, this is the vehicle that I want to be driving. Over all, it’s a good solid truck in good, but not perfect condition.

Price:

I was thinking of $12000 on Kijiji, so $10500 for a hassle free sale to a club member/friend of club member. I could probably adjust the price if I sold one set of wheels separately. Based on what’s for sale locally I think I’m in the ball park, especially knowing that many of the other trucks out there are probably suffering from deferred maintenance.

You can email me at speedytrackbike@yahoo.ca, or get a hold of me at 403 554 6five4one (text or call). I’m located in Cliff Bungalow, Calgary (south of belt line, east of Mount Royal).

Cheers

Jeff

SpeedyJ