Hello from Southern Alberta

Started by Rosco, March 23, 2015, 02:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gardenome

Well done. Hopefully I'm not far behind you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

binch

Quote from: Rosco on April 06, 2015, 11:06 AM
Final inspection was this morning, passed and is now registered for the road!

First inspection last week, they really didn't know anything about the defender, failed it saying brakes were worn below spec, no daytime running lights and parking brake light wouldn't illuminate.

Turns out brakes were fine, they just had the wrong specs, replaced parking brake shoes as worn, wired in low beam for DRL's and printed out the parts sheets to show it didn't come with a parking brake lamp from the factory.

So happy it's all done, pictures to follow shortly

Sounds like you took your series to a shop that doesn't know the regs or land rovers very well.   Should have gone to the sports car centre ;-)
Cheers, Bill

Trevor

Quote from: binch on April 07, 2015, 05:55 PM

Sounds like you took your series to a shop that doesn't know the regs or land rovers very well.   Should have gone to the sports car centre ;-)

That's a long way to go from southern Alberta for an inspection :)
"You will be hollow. We shall squeeze you empty, and then we shall fill you with ourselves."
― George Orwell, 1984

Freedom Convoy Truckers -- Canadian Heroes!
Justin Trudeau --Enemy of the People!

binch

Cheers, Bill

Rosco

All turned out well once I gave them paperwork showing what was what.

And here is the photo :

binch

Now that looks nice and tidy! ;)
Cheers, Bill

Matt H

Looks great. When we going wheelin?
No Road Except For Land-Rover.

Rosco

Really happy with how its turned out, the little 2.5 NA isnt as gutless as I first thought it would be, I will swap it out when time permits though.

As for wheeling, am thinking maybe not this weekend but the following weekend, maybe 19th, unsure where yet.

Matt H

That could work. Where do you fancy going?
No Road Except For Land-Rover.