Edmonton Monthly Gathering

Started by binch, February 13, 2015, 11:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

binch

Greetings all,

Sorry folks, but the Irish Social Club is temporarily closed due to Road Works in their area.

In the meantime we are going hold the February Monthly Edmonton area ALRE GATHERING for February 7th at:

Superior Fish & Chips
6 Superior St,
Devon, AB
T9G 1E8

6pm until 8pm
https://www.facebook.com/superiorfishandchips/

cheers, Bill
Cheers, Bill

B-Red

The monthly meeting for July is Wednesday July 8. It will revert to the first Wednesday in August.

Happy Canada Day

Red90

Hey Bill....  IIRC, you were saying the 7 pm is later than when most people show up.  Can you clarify and I will update the first post.

binch

Hi John,

A lot of people show up for 630pm, or even earlier, to grab tables, as it's now pool league night too.   They didn't appreciate us dripping dirty motor oil over our turf so we try to book 4 tables and get some butts in them early.    But we say 7pm officially on the notice so that people have a chance to get home and visit with their families.   My thinking was...I didn't want any of the newbies thinking they didn't have time to get home and then there too.   

Does that sound rational????  ahahhahahhahahah   
Cheers, Bill

RossM

Is there a similar group that meets in Calgary?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Red90

There are no regular meetings, but if someone wants to start one up, I'm sure it would be popular.  There are just as many members in Calgary as Edmonton.  Traditionally, we have had more wrenching sessions and off road trips in Calgary.

binch

The secret is to find a pub or licensed restaurant where a group of 15 to 30 people can drop in once a month, where the noise level isn't so loud and conducive to good conversation.   "If you build it they will come" ;)
Cheers, Bill

B-Red

Great turn out yesterday. Three new visitors. A couple from Vega area. Heavy involvement in Discovery vehicles. Six. So us at the British Field Meet.
The other fellow is Jason's neighbor. Looking at getting a project car.
It was a good night.

binch

Cheers, Bill

Matt H

Quote from: B-Red on July 07, 2016, 10:47 AM

Wait.....are you suggesting that it's possible to have a Land Rover that isn't a project car?
No Road Except For Land-Rover.

binch

Quote from: Matt H on July 07, 2016, 11:06 PM
Quote from: B-Red on July 07, 2016, 10:47 AM

Wait.....are you suggesting that it's possible to have a Land Rover that isn't a project car?

Is there such a thing  hahhahahhah ;D
Cheers, Bill

Matt H

Whatever will they come up with next?  ;D
No Road Except For Land-Rover.

B-Red

Monthly gathering in Edmonton this Wednesday everybody. Come out and enjoy a summer breeze.
Good opportunity to see who is doing what next weekend.

Cheers

B-Red

Good day fellows,

I would like to thank all those who have participated in the process to select a new club meeting place.  In total, we had around 14 participants in the voting. The final selection was based on voting results, children access, gluten free de-alcoholized beer options, The central location was also considered in the final selection. Off course, good drink and menu options were also considered.

I am pleased to announce that our new location is :

Beer Revolution:
11736 104 Ave NW, Edmonton,
http://beerrevolution.com/edmonton/
Phone:(780) 430-4677

I will be making the reservation on Monday for a group of 20 persons. Look forward to seeing the Edmonton crowd on Wednesday.

Kindly,

Emad El-Zein