Here's one for Matt

Started by binch, April 10, 2016, 08:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

binch

Here's that RR you were looking for Matt!

Chris was a club member a couple of years back and is now looking for a sedan of sorts for his family.   So now the 2006 Range Rover is up for sale on Kijiji:

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/edmonton/range-rover-for-sale/1154254897

He contacted me directly about the vehicle and said he would take a 1000 off for a club member as well.   I asked for a bit more detail then was in the ad and here's what he said: 

"Tires: Winters are Nokian Hakkapelitta's. They are studded. With the traction control of the Rover it is a bit of overkill, but since putting them on I haven't needed to use the snow and winter mode at all. I have had them for three years. Summer's are Bridgestone Dueller H/P sports. They are two years old. Great tire for summer, smooth ride and quiet. Despite being rated for good winter use they are beyond dangerous on snow and ice so I am packaging the two sets of tires with the Rover as I wouldn't feel good about anyone even trying the Bridgestones in the winter. Total mileage on the tires is approx. 60K. I don't get the tire measurement system very well so I am not going to try to give you the measure for wear. A buyer can look and confirm.

For service history I have either done my own work on simple items or had the work performed at Daytona Automotive in the west end. Jimmy there is a good Rover mechanic, anyone who doesn't do their own work or only does certain select things should get to know them out there. Good prices and service. In the last year I have:
1. Replaced the water pump
2. Replaced the heater core
3. Replaced the brakes, pads and rotors all around
4. Replaced the front differential and half shafts
5. Replaced the front air suspension differential valve.
6. Replaced the front suspension bushings.

Issues that a new owner may want to address.
1. Windshield did not fair well this winter. After roads are swept it should be changed. 7-8hundred at Daytona Automotive, based on the last price I had from 2 years ago.
2. One front fog light needs to be replaced. I never use it so I didn't do the work. Price for the light was about 175 a couple years ago when I looked at doing it.
3. Jimmy tells me a that a couple more suspension bushings could use replacement. I have not noticed any issues so I have not pursued the cost or time or full scope of work , this is an unknown right now. I would use Daytona as I don't have an air compressor or impact driver to break bolts loose but from reading it is a pretty straightforward change.

The usual Rover issues are the air suspension. After changing the valve in the front end I have not had any indications of any problems with the air suspension, it works great. Unusual for a Range Rover with this mileage.

I also have a code reader for the Rover, a Lynx sys, and I will add that to the Rover for the purchase. I was considering keeping it as once the family is a bit older I want to pick up a Disco for off road play, but that is some years away right now."

cheers, Bill 8)

Cheers, Bill

Matt H

Interesting but I was looking at the "Proper" Range Rover. That unit is a Range Rover Sport.
No Road Except For Land-Rover.

binch

ooooooh, favouritism!!!   ;D

Cheers, Bill