Free Series parts

Started by 5spd, March 31, 2016, 11:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

5spd

Jay and I will be hauling some parts to the April meeting in Edmonton, in an effort to give away what we don't need, and identify what we should keep, but don't know it yet.  They came with the series 2 88 we bought.  although many boxes are small parts, a few of the larger items include 10 inch brakes, a brake pedal and box for conversion to a brake booster, rear window glass, a series 2 tranny in pieces.

things we are hoping to track down still include: soft top, stock seats including rear benches, parabolic springs, front winch bumper.

Chris

Rambler

Hi Chris, thanks for posting this helpful offer to other members.  I am looking for a 10" brake backing plate for my Series 2 88".  Can I ask if you have one of those in the spare parts haul please?  Do you have a photo of the brake pedal conversion set up you mentioned.  I was hoping to convert at some point to a brake booster but havent decided whether to go with the Series 3 style or buy an external brake booster / servo.
Thanks, Ian
1957 Series One 88", petrol

SOLD:
'Luna' - Series 2 88", petrol with full tilt, ('61) [Restoration complete in 2020]
'Tardis' - Series 3 88", petrol hard top ('74) .. last seen sunning itself in the Carolinas

5spd

Ian,

With luck you will see attached photos of some brake backing plates, 10 inch, with some drums.  also a photo of the pedal box.  Vern indicated this particular box was useful if you wanted to convert to assisted brakes, but I didn't ask further questions, so i don't know exactly how this particular pedal box is useful!  Hopefully my enthusiasm is not misdirected!

Chris

5spd

5spd

http://www.expeditionlandrover.info/dual_brake_conv.htm

Ian, after reading Terri-ann's entry, and looking at the pedal box, i'm fairly sure this is a Series 3 pedal box, meant to be hooked up to a series 3 or santana servo etc to mod the brakes.  Will keep my eyes open for a servo in these boxes of stuff!

Chris

Rambler

Hello Chris, thank you very much for the helpful photos and further information about the brake parts.  Looks just what I am after.  :) Terri-ann's page is an excellent resource!
Best wishes,
Ian
1957 Series One 88", petrol

SOLD:
'Luna' - Series 2 88", petrol with full tilt, ('61) [Restoration complete in 2020]
'Tardis' - Series 3 88", petrol hard top ('74) .. last seen sunning itself in the Carolinas