Military vehicles UK

Started by roverwanabe, March 26, 2016, 09:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rambler

Such a shame we couldn't import one of the 2013 'new' 110's that are LHD  :'(
1957 Series One 88", petrol

SOLD:
'Luna' - Series 2 88", petrol with full tilt, ('61) [Restoration complete in 2020]
'Tardis' - Series 3 88", petrol hard top ('74) .. last seen sunning itself in the Carolinas

camo388

Why oh why do you tempt us so much  >:(  :'(  :'(
If I won 6/49, I'd consider one of the 8x8's, just because I could. ;D

Matt H

I'd buy one of those Chieftain engines and put it in my Mighty Range Rover.

Purple Haze! 
No Road Except For Land-Rover.

binch

Quote from: Matt H on March 26, 2016, 10:34 PM
I'd buy one of those Chieftain engines and put it in my Mighty Range Rover.

Purple Haze!

And since it has the avro green paint you know it's a quality rebuild too..... ::)  LOL
Cheers, Bill

Alex C

looks like they have sankeys 550 quid, may have to get my brother to make a run down their.
D90 200Tdi     67 S2a 88"

ugly_90

L. Jackson at the rocket site had been selling gear for decades. I've heard of some fellows from Canada buying complete landrovers there, without complaint. You likely do get what you pay for, and should be buying higher graded equipment due to the distances involved.

Witham is of course another supplier. Without looking at a map, I don't know which is nearest to the seacan.

binch

Quote from: Alex C on March 27, 2016, 10:02 PM
looks like they have sankeys 550 quid, may have to get my brother to make a run down their.

And it looks like a seacan may be in the works too.
Cheers, Bill

camo388

Quote from: binch on March 28, 2016, 12:07 AM

And it looks like a seacan may be in the works too.

Well there you go "Easy Peasy".  Get your brother to buy 2.  Fill one with LR parts, a 200 TDI or even 3 or 4 would go nicely, remove the wheels from second trailer before upending on the loaded trailer.  Once it is all in Canada, sell 1 trailer and an engine or 2 and you should come out ahead. ;)
This is good in theory until Matt takes up too much trailer space with a Chieftain engine. :(

roverwanabe

binch

Yeah, Let me know how the part supply/prices work out for those  ::)
Cheers, Bill

Red90

You just go to the Mercedes dealer and give them direct debit authorization. ;D

Matt H

I have a friend in the CDN Army that hates those things. Heavy, No power, unnecessary complicated (German, go figure) and not particularly impressive off road.

He wants the Iltis back! He say's those things were light, simple, reliable and would go anywhere you pointed them.
No Road Except For Land-Rover.

Rambler

If there is space in the seacan for another, I'd be happy to have one please?
  ;)
1957 Series One 88", petrol

SOLD:
'Luna' - Series 2 88", petrol with full tilt, ('61) [Restoration complete in 2020]
'Tardis' - Series 3 88", petrol hard top ('74) .. last seen sunning itself in the Carolinas