WTB S2a LWB Station Wagon - Found! pics included

Started by Lightningpower, March 22, 2016, 01:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lightningpower

Hi, I'm new on the site, but have been monkeying with LR's for a while.

Always wanted a LWB S2a. Does anyone have a running project they'd part with?

Is it okay to put a WTB in the for sale section? It didn't seem like I just wanted parts.

Thanks,
Chris

Trevor

Welcome to our humble abode :)

The Parts Wanted section would be as good a place as any I think if you're looking to purchase a vehicle
"You will be hollow. We shall squeeze you empty, and then we shall fill you with ourselves."
― George Orwell, 1984

Freedom Convoy Truckers -- Canadian Heroes!
Justin Trudeau --Enemy of the People!

binch

There are two LWB series trucks for sale that I can think of....one in Drayton Valley (contact camo88 for details) and the other is with Malcalm Engleman in Onoway.   He's not got a computer but he's in the phone book.  Don't think he's back from holiday yet though..... ???
Cheers, Bill

Lightningpower

I bet it's been a decade since I talked to Malcom. Should be interesting to catch up whenever he's back in our hemisphere.

roverwanabe

I had considered selling my 1968 with mercedes conversion, wife would not let me.  Can't drive much, waiting for a hip replacement.  Going to take a year I was told.

Vehicle is running good except the clutch is acting up.  Looking for Malcolm also.

Lightningpower

Hey Everyone,
Thanks for your support!
I managed to find a local '59 S2 LWB Station Wagon, with plenty of issues for me to worry over for years to come.
Chris

Trevor

"You will be hollow. We shall squeeze you empty, and then we shall fill you with ourselves."
― George Orwell, 1984

Freedom Convoy Truckers -- Canadian Heroes!
Justin Trudeau --Enemy of the People!

binch

Cheers, Bill

camo388

Good to hear you found what you wanted.  Now we would like to see pictures. ;D ;D

Rambler

Great to hear.  Good luck and happy Rovering  :)
1957 Series One 88", petrol

SOLD:
'Luna' - Series 2 88", petrol with full tilt, ('61) [Restoration complete in 2020]
'Tardis' - Series 3 88", petrol hard top ('74) .. last seen sunning itself in the Carolinas

Lightningpower

After clearing 30 years of hoarded gardening crap, tractor parts and old tyres out of the station wagon, I have come to realize that there is more missing than I thought.  When it was full of stuff, it looked like there were quite a few LR parts inside, in the back (that turned out to be parts off other vehicles namely Toyotas). After sorting, there were precious few real LR bits inside the wagon.
This Station Wagon is missing lots and lots of major components, including: gearbox and transfer case, the guts out of the front diff and the propeller shaft. Also MIA: the front bumper, most of the front seats, all five wheels, one of the front floor panels, the gearbox cover, and the Land Rover Emblem off the front. Even the satellite radio is gone. :(

On the bright side... the gauges are nice. And, maybe a good time to source a series 3 gearbox when the bank account recovers.
I'd post pictures if I knew how.

Lightningpower

Ok, I figured out how to post pics.

binch

And you're getting the safari roof too!  Bonus......
Cheers, Bill

Rambler

It looks very original - smart  8)
1957 Series One 88", petrol

SOLD:
'Luna' - Series 2 88", petrol with full tilt, ('61) [Restoration complete in 2020]
'Tardis' - Series 3 88", petrol hard top ('74) .. last seen sunning itself in the Carolinas

camo388

Quote from: binch on March 31, 2016, 06:21 AM
And you're getting the safari roof too!  Bonus......

Just what you need for those hot summer days when ever they get here.
I also see a hand throttle.  Very useful to set the idle on cold days or set the throttle to run PTO winch.
So there you go, equipped for the worst of both summer and winter.

Body looks in good shape for a restoration.  Keep us posted if you are requiring parts as some of us have stock piles. ;D