new Goodyear Territory tires, QTY 2 $122

Started by ugly_90, February 13, 2016, 01:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ugly_90

The Goodyear Territory Tire is being discontinued, and is no longer orderable. Here in Grande Prairie CT they have two on the discount rack in 235 85R16. These tires are regularly $245

Really good buy for someone with the tires already. If they had a set of five, I would have bought them.

If interested, call the service desk at Grande Prairie Canadian Tire and purchase the tires by credit card. I can bring them to Edmonton on my next trip.

Good luck.

camo388

I wonder if you got Canadian Tire to phone around to other stores if you couldn't come up with 3 more.
Surely they have a way to see stock across all the stores.??

ugly_90

I thought of having CT organize a collection, but I think its a poor idea to start with a discontinued tire for regular road use. A sidewall cut, and I don't know where you'd buy a replacement tire from.

camo388

Do you know why they are being discontinued?  If not something as serious as poor workmanship, I'd be tempted to try and get 5 or 6 and run them ragged.
At that price seems hard to go wrong even if they only last a year or so of off-road use.

ugly_90

As they are tires made by Goodyear exclusively for Canadian Tire, the contract they were made under could have run out, the plant that made them could have ended that line, I don't know. They looked to be a good mud and snow tire.