Quick hello from Regina

Started by Rambler, March 05, 2015, 09:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rambler

Just wanted to introduce myself.  I'm Ian and after looking for most of last summer bought my first series land rover- a 74 series 3 SWB petrol.  After flying out to Ontario to view this, it looked to be good for its age (chassis wise), and while waiting weeks and weeks for it to be shipped cross country, I stopped looking and of course then drove down the road to the shops and passed a series 2A for sale for half the price... Oh well.
Anyway my series 3 arrived and ignoring all of the faults I'd missed when taking a trip to see her, I took her out to my friends where it immediately sprang a leak all over his drive (coolant).  I had to laugh and my friend, Martin saw the funny side of the land rover 'marking' its new territory.
It seems one land rover was not enough, however, and from a simple email for a variety of parts to another series owner in Kaslo, BC, I'm now the owner of another leaf spring rover.  A series 2, 1961 (SWB 2.25 petrol) very much in bits as an unfinished project vehicle.  At least I have one to drive around while the other is in the process of being stripped down and put back together.  Wish me luck (or better send me parts) and that winter doesn't last forever here on the Prairies, so I can get to work on 'em.  Hope to meet some of you soon.
1957 Series One 88", petrol

SOLD:
'Luna' - Series 2 88", petrol with full tilt, ('61) [Restoration complete in 2020]
'Tardis' - Series 3 88", petrol hard top ('74) .. last seen sunning itself in the Carolinas

Rambler

Some photos

And the series 2 just before i bought her.

SOLD:
'Luna' - Series 2 88", petrol with full tilt, ('61) [Restoration complete in 2020]
'Tardis' - Series 3 88", petrol hard top ('74) .. last seen sunning itself in the Carolinas

B-Red

Welcome Ian and quite a nice truck you have. Look forward to meeting you on the trails.

Cheers

Emad

binch

Now that's a tidy looking 2a.   Well done!   Does it have the Kodiak heater in it?  Premo units those. ;)
Cheers, Bill

Rambler

Thanks for the warm welcome.  The series 2 had a kodiak in the back along with a slew of parts in boxes.  I'm trying to rebuild the heater to get it ready for our cold and longer winters.  Lots to do, so I won't get bored and fun to work on them. 

SOLD:

Trevor

Welcome to the forum, and nice looking Series!

If you've got two now, then the third can't be far behind. 3 is a good number. :)
"You will be hollow. We shall squeeze you empty, and then we shall fill you with ourselves."
― George Orwell, 1984

Freedom Convoy Truckers -- Canadian Heroes!
Justin Trudeau --Enemy of the People!

binch

Cheers, Bill

Rambler

SOLD:

Matt H

Careful. I started that way and now I've lost count but it's got to be over 30!

Welcome.
No Road Except For Land-Rover.