Black flies and Mosquitos

Started by B-Red, December 21, 2015, 09:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

B-Red

It is no secret that we enjoy the outdoors the most in -40 weather. No bites to worry about.
However, summer time is a different story. Replants are great but they make a mess of your vinel or lungs.
I came across an old aboriginal method that was hoping to verify here to see if they have seen it before.
They use bear scat as the repellent. It's weird but appearantly it works.

I am thinking if they can can Lake Louise Air and sell it, I am sure we can introduce this new Organic compound at the tourist gift shops to help them out in dealing with our Canadian Summer.

Cooking around the camp fire will have a whole new smell now.

Cheers

headdamage

Matt H

Sounds like a case of the cure being worse than the aliment?

No Road Except For Land-Rover.

B-Red

My understanding was that they put it like a smudge. I am going to check around with my friends in BC to see if they do that. It would be very handy when you do those deep trails.

binch

Have you every smelt a bear!?!??!?     No bugs would bother that!

There are a lot of other remedies that are are a lot easy and far less offensive.  Including not bathing for 3 days....nothing bothers you then!  Except maybe that bear ;D
Cheers, Bill

ugly_90

They also used to smoke tobacco much more in the past, which also keeps mosquitos and flies away. Yes, with the bear poop you might have less mosquitos. Noone would want to visit you or your landrover, and you'd probably be single again, so it's a bit of a tradeoff.