Founders Day in BC

Started by binch, December 19, 2015, 10:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

binch

I was toying with the idea of heading out to the coast for the BC Roverlanders' Founders Day car show.     They haven't set a date or announced a location yet (makes it tough to plan for) but it sounds like it will be in February and a bit further inland this year.    Anyone interest in heading out for a weekend..?
Cheers, Bill

binch

Looks like they've announced a date and location for the Founders Day show...Here's the info:

What - 2016 Founders Day, an Indoor Land Rover Show
Where - Chilliwack Heritage Park, 44140 Luckakuck Way, Chilliwack BC, V2R 4A7 (Highway #1 - Exit 116 â€" Lickman Road)
When - Saturday 20th February 2016, doors open at 11am, close at 6pm.
Who - Everyone & Anyone with a Land Rover is invited to drive right into the Arena, park up and mingle.
What Else - Entry is $10 per Land Rover when driving into the arena, walk-ins are free (all entry proceeds go towards helping pay for the arena rental, so even if you are attending for only an hour or two, please drive your Land Rover inside rather than leaving it in the car park and walking in for free) :D

If you'd like to read the complete details here it is: http://roverlanders.bc.ca/roverforum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=8436

I'm most going to be heading out there myself in the 110.   Driving out on Friday and returning on Sunday evening.    Anyone else interested in bring the Landy's out to the show? ;D
Cheers, Bill

binch

Looks like Dave and I are heading down in our 110s.   Anyone else interested in a whirl wind visit to Chilliwack for a land rover show?  Dave may have a spare seat  ::)
Cheers, Bill

binch

Looks like 'Molly' and her proud owner will be at the show too!!! :)
Cheers, Bill

binch

Looks like Dave, Bert, Emad and I will be heading down.....Let's hope the snows on the Coq are co-operating!!!! ;)

oh....looks like Emad has bailed out again, so just the three of us again.
Cheers, Bill

binch

well folks it was a great trip down to Chilliwack for the weekend.    12 hour drive each way but good conditions and wonderful scenary to boot.   The real surprizing part was the lack of traffic coming home on sunday....   Don't think we saw more then 60 cars on hwy 5 between Kamloops and Jasper turn off.

There were 72 vehicles at the new venue and since it was an agricultural arena with dirt floors they were able to make a short off road challenge course.   They had an enormous raffle of donated prizes and there was lots of 'Boot Sales' going on too!!!   There were lots of faces I recognized there from the 2008 Alexander MacKenzie trip and many more faces I can put to names now too.    Emad's LWT's previous owner came by to ask how his pride and joy was doing with it's new owner, and was happy to hear it was being looked after.     They also had a bunch of people come up from Oregon and Washington states to partake in the festivities.    The building wasn't heated but it was dry and I didn't need a jacket at all while I was there.   

We did see Andy Yung while there (he owned 'Molly', one of three d90's built by Norman & friends) and he's doing pretty good.   He's wondering how his disco 11 is doing with Norman and very curious about it ;-)

The had quite a few kids there and had some activities set up for them, and there were several puppies around to provide fuzz therapy too.

Unfortunately Dave's 110 csw  lost it's wiper box at Hinton forcing Dave to return to Edmonton for repairs.    And with the downpour we had on the Coquilhalla between Merritt and Hope it's a good thing he didn't press on.

I had a great time and real good visit with some of out neighbors in the RoverLander club.     I'm hoping to see a lot more of us next year ;D
Cheers, Bill

Matt H

No Road Except For Land-Rover.

binch

Cheers, Bill