sale: CT Mastercraft 3/4" socket set, $125

Started by ugly_90, November 12, 2015, 06:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ugly_90

I bought myself the 20 piece 3/4 SAE set from CT, on sale for around $125, a 50% discount over full list.

The set is well made, the alloy seems decent. I haven't broken any bits yet wrenching on my landrover.

it's a necessary set for any rebuild or axle moves. It seems to be good value, as used generic sets seem to sell for about $100 on Kijiji locally.

I saw an earlier $80 set at Peavey Mart, but I'm concerned that the strength of the sockets could be quite low. I've cracked larger cheap sockets before by hand.

Adam.

Matt H

Can't go wrong with an "on sale" CT tool kit. I use one every day as a mechanic to earn my living in my service truck. No way I'm putting a $8,000 snap-on set in there to rust away.

I use and abuse these tools and, while not as well made as my MAC and Snap-on tools, it does the job and if I have a problem I never have any return or warranty issues.

My 2c.
No Road Except For Land-Rover.

ugly_90

I thought it would be useful to the others in the club. If there's a better new set for less money, let others know. The Princess Auto set never seemed to go on sale for much of a discount, and I wouldn't say its any better.